HEEELP plz!!!!

Best answers
a quick question:
i just installed beta v1.2.3 full installer but when i go to play just on a lan or anything it says could not load esf/cl_dlls/clientdll can u plz tell me what is wrong and how 2 fix it i would greatly appreciate it. o and if u need
alpha fmod.dll i already have it. thnxxxxx

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Just to be sure, are you using Steam to play ESF? If not you'll have to reinstall ESF after installing Steam.

Otherwise I'd recommend uninstalling ESF and downloading the installer again. Sometimes you just get a corrupted file. You should consider getting it from a different source, just to be sure.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's your problem. If you aren't playing through steam, then well, it won't work. You need to play on STEAM to play ESF. Whether it be on or offline. WON will just give you a **** load of errors when it loads. You'll be able to play, but it's crap.

You need steam.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Engar said:
Sometimes you just get a corrupted file.
I doubt that's why. With most installers nowadays, the installer will actually pull up a prompt when it stumbles across a corrupt/incomplete file.

All I can say is, check your ESF folder to make sure that the client.dll is actually in there. This may sound stupid, but one time I installed ESF and had this problem, and found out later that my client.dll was physically missing from my ESF folder. I cried myself to sleep that night.

If it's in your ESF folder, and still doesn't work, then I suggest re-installing.

And, as said above, make sure you are running ESF on Steam, not WON.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom