Piccolo

Best answers
I think piccolo in this mod is rather one of the weakest character.I read about his disadvantages and jump to conclusion that things like his speed ,regeneration ,stretching limbs and even powerfull light granade is missing. Is there any chance to fix it ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe hes being re-balanced for 1.3.

Best answers
michalmermer said:
I think piccolo in this mod is rather one of the weakest character.
Anyways, your wrong even now. Even currently his one of the strongest due to his lazer eyes :p

And his special beam cannon can be annoying.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
And his special beam cannon can be annoying.
Especially on a high powerlevel. Just like Cell..

Best answers
sjj_gohan said:
Anyways, your wrong even now. Even currently his one of the strongest due to his lazer eyes :p
Ah you realize laser eyes aren't like finger lasers right? Its one of his weakest attacks

nge

Best answers
Piccolo is horrible, currently. He doesn't do anything right, really, but he can be fun to play as. His masenko is twice as ki costly as Gohan's for the same ki cost, the SBC is his only saving grace, eye lasers are nothing but funny, scatter shot could be good if it didn't explode in your face, and he's slow before and after trans, which he still needs to earn 1 mil ki to accomplish.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
His scattershot is one of the most powerful attacks in the game if you learn how to use it. If you can deal with his speed, his techniques make up for it.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And I don't know why your all bagging eye lasers, use him for long enough and acctually learn how to use him, he can be quite effective, and if your right clicking with scatter shot as soon as it's released so that it explodes in your face your an idiot anyway.

nge

Best answers
I am fully aware on how to "use his amazing techniques." And I am fully aware that anyone with a reaction time can successfully avoid any serious damage from these techniques.

Ask anyone from ~kai~, I go out of my way because eyelaser kills amuse me so much. It doesn't change the fact that the damage they deal for the ki they cost is minimal, and requires targets who don't like moving and enjoy being smacked around. Freiza's laser is INFINATLY better because the ki cost and damage is done in an instant- beyond that, you can be charging. For every MILLISECOND one is fireing eyelasers, they arn't recharging ki. It's high cost to actually finish off an entire laser is quite an offset, as your opponent will more than likely be ready to attack by this point and you're going to be down that much ki.

Scattershot is borked, is broken, is busted. Regardless of distance, you can guarantee many of ones shots to just detonate wherever they are regardless of when you right click. The only time it is "deadly" is when one gets smashed into the ground with a slow recovering charecter who also forgets to hold spacebar, so the piccolo can fire them without the need to right click. Otherwise, they're both laughable and saddening because they actually have potential.

Speed is the most important aspect in most situations; most of the "slow" charecters have an ability or two to offset this. Freiza has the laser, Gohan and Trunks have fast trans, Krillin is a BEAST when he transes, and Piccolo has to wait for one million PL in order to get a crappy multiplier and a crappy trans.

Please don't delude yourself into thinking he's a good charecter. Dieing to him is in many ways more humiliating than dieing to an untransed Gohan or Krillin; Krillin's got spam moves you have to worry about constantly, Gohan's got quick techniques at low ki cost such as the shield and in some circumstances the power beam. Trunks has multi-hit, and Freiza is just plain deadly. What does Piccolo have? He's a mess and a hybrid of all the other charecters; he does the same things as basically most of them, but poorly.

Please, don't go around insulting people when they realize a charecter is flawed; provide reasons other than "I AM VERY GOOD" to back your statements. Otherwise, it comes off as both degrading and insulting.

Don't get me wrong; Piccolo is a great concept. Very origional and great potential. He's just got a few design flaws (Masenko is garbage compared to the power beam, eye lasers are too weak for their high ki cost, and scatter needs to not randomly explode regardless of distance when right clicked, trans is iffy) which make him... less than satisfactory when compared to the others.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Really nice Nge, i have to agree. Thats why i see barely anyone using Piccolo. Most characters that are being used are Goku, cell, gohan and trunks. And perhaps frieza as well, but his Finger Lasers should be block able :p

Best answers
I agree with u. Piccolo is my fav DBZ character, and i'd really like to use him ingame, but he's just too good. He's weak, slow, has 1.5 trans multiplier, hope he'll be balanced in 1.3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only time I really see people use Piccolo is when they want to beamspam the SBC. x3

Force Pit Member
Best answers
character balance is most important, that way any character stands a good chance against anyone else. im sure by release they will have it down nicely.

Best answers
To ballance all characters well all trans should have their advantages and disadvantages .For example ssj trans should eat more ki

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
michalmermer said:
To ballance all characters well all trans should have their advantages and disadvantages .For example ssj trans should eat more ki
I believe the 1.3 outline says that transed characters will have a higher Ki-drain for certain actions, so consider your wish granted.

We believe the Team is doing its very best to make sure 1.3 will have great balance between characters.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We at BTL also find Piccolo to be underpowered. His flaws are far too obvious. Some members on the ESF staff, mainly DJ-Ready, has seen what we have planned for Piccolo. Perhaps now the Piccolo for ESF will get the same make-over. Piccolo isn't my favorite character in the show or on the game. As many of you know, its Frieza above all else. However, it pains me to see that Piccolo is a rarity in any game on ESF. Piccolo has some fun moves, but unfortunately there are those that simply do them better.

Powerbeam > masenko
Finger Laser > Eye laser
Cell's SBC > Piccolo's SBC for the sheer fact that Cell is stronger and faster than piccolo.

Therefore, it seems only natural that Piccolo should get the recognition he deserves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom