Turbo

Best answers
anybody have the math for this? damage given / damage received if both people are goku and start with the default pl, but one uses turbo and the other doesnt.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im more of a calculus person... in other words, you do the math.

Edit: I find it eats too much ki, so I rarely use it other than for shooting after knocking them around.

nge

Best answers
It's just like fighting someone with a PL of 937500 vs 750000. Turbo mode will make your charecter 1/4th stronger than their current PL. It's worth getting good with.

Best answers
it also makes your character react faster..aswell as move faster..imo

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm fairly certain 1/4th more PL translates directly to 1/4th more damage. Basic melee hits and ki blasts at even PL do 7 damage, so rounding off that ups it to 9 for each. Two hits and two ki blasts would do 36 as opposed to 28 damage, although hitting your opponent into the ground would still do the regular 15 or whatever it is now as I don't think it has to do with power level.

I believe when you get hit you lose turbo so you take the regular damage, but the first hit might be slightly lower. I'm pretty sure 1/4th more pl means you take 1/8th less damage, it isn't as significant, but you might take 6 on the first hit or from ki blasts instead of 7.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, sonic, you like maths, now only do I relise how much of a difference turbo can do, now i'll start using it, thanx for convincing me!

nge

Best answers
Yeah- I've never been sure as to how the PL advantage worked, but I know turbo is worth it.

Yeah, turbo speeds you up and makes you stronger. Downsides are ki-cost and since the PL gain is artificial, your base PL rises "slower" when fighting in turbo mode.

This might be the wrong wrong forum for it, but a good topic to discuss this with- It's rumored turbo slightly shrinks hitboxes. Can someone confirm/deny this?

Best answers
i am very sure that hitboxes dont change at all by the use of turbo, i have tested the rumour that turbo 'increases ur opponents hitboxes' and that hasnt worked when 2 players are floating in mid air, not sure about moving people though.

and yes, turbo is definately worth it, its just a matter of using it at the right times. using it too early would mean that ur pl wouldnt be as high as it possibly can to be effective, especially if u arent winning by 2-3 points. but say ur opponent has the same amount of kills as u, then u'd be at a disadvantage because he would have more pl? not so sure about this, since 1/4th more pl might make up for it.

Best answers
I use turbo if I can hit my opponents in a reasonable amount of time. So no T I wouldn't use it against you :p

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Notice how you're hitting people from farther away when you're in turbo. Go notice it.

Best answers
Turbo give you a huge advantage in damage and defence especially if you fight a non-turbo user.
Problem is new "noob" players cant handle ki controll with it or just cant be arsed to press turbo every time after ki recharge.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Omni: You can actually press turbo while charging. So awesome. Unless it's been removed.

And yeah, tbh, the maths about how turbo should increase your efficiency shouldn't matter because any increase is a good increase. Yay? Nay?

Unless your one of those ubar maths liek zomg haxor.

Best answers
not always, the math was that when using turbo, ur pl be lower than a person not using turbo, so by mid-end of the fight u would be at a disadvantage if the other person turned it on. but from testing, i can say leaving it on from the start is better imo.

Best answers
bapplebo said:
@Omni: You can actually press turbo while charging. So awesome. Unless it's been removed.

And yeah, tbh, the maths about how turbo should increase your efficiency shouldn't matter because any increase is a good increase. Yay? Nay?

Unless your one of those ubar maths liek zomg haxor.
Yeah? so?

What I said was right.
Ki recharge cancels turbo so you have to push turbo on again everytime you press ki recharge button.

Further turbo adds alot of non-swoop speed also when transed with some chars you can get second melee hit whithout swoop or teleport.
Also it lets you "bunnyhop" futher so you can play with almost no ki loss.
In the end the advantages more then outweight the disadvantages of having a slow but steady ki degeneration.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
The math to have Ki and play with turbo is "Hitting"
you can see it all in my demos though

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I tried it now, and it's hilarious aginst the n00bs, they try and swoop into me while I stand still, then I move like 2 meters left/right just before they hit me, and guess what...THEY MISS!!!!!!
i love turbo, but I don't still use it actually, since the pl gain is less, same with transforming, I almost never transform, onyl once so that I have done it(you know because the first one if it's under 5 mil is always the long trans, so doing it once helps for when you're 4,4mil.).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom