Esf without steam?

Best answers
I'm asking if it's possible to play ESF without steam?

I have steam and ESF, and its working great.
But my friend doesnt have Steam neither original HalfLife and he doesnt know how to get ESF to work :S
Is buying new halflife, just for esf the only way :S is realy not possible to play at least on half life downloaded from the net?

I know that in the older versions was possible... but now, is it possible to make it work?

Sorry for asking dumb questions, but in no forums i can't get a good answer...

Thank you

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your friend needs to buy a copy of Half-Life 1. With it he can use Steam, and thus he can play ESF.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WON is no longer supported. So asking for help with using WON is useless, as it won't work on WON.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Saiyan_Overlord said:
WON is no longer supported. So asking for help with using WON is useless, as it won't work on WON.
Why do people keep saying this... i got esf to work on WON fine.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have 2 esf's and half life's on my pc, one using steam(for online play) and one using WON for me and my friends that don't have internet. I always only had won, but deleted it from my pc, and the other day I found out that my friend still has it and I just copied it over from his pc.

But if so, I can't update to higer then beta 1.2, I think it works if you have half life in own folder, then esf beta 1.2, not 1.2.3, then you can make it work, by going in hl and choosing custom game, then the rest is easy.

hope it works.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
No i played 1.2.3 on WON for a week last month while i was waiting to get a valid hl cdkey.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh okay, but what happens if you try now, do they say missing blah blah blah?
If so, just reinstall hl or install another copy apart from the one you're using for steam and then just install esf under it(NOTE: Do not install under steam apps, install under it's own folder) then go into hl and custom game then activate esf and play it, if this doesn't work then i'm sorry that I can't help you.

Oh but when did you buy that Half Life you have, because mine is from a few years ago, so I don't know if yours has WON files on it, mine came with it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WON isn't suported anymore by ESF. The suport for WON ended with 1.1

Shure you can use WON but its a gamble. If you are lucky it will work. But moastly it wont. But one thing is certain. Even if you do get ESF to work on WON you will have more bugs than with STEAM.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
there is a something, which works just like something. Is that what you played on?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is Steam, and that's all you need.

- Closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom