ESF Database

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, this is an idea I've had for at least a year.

Anyway, it would basically be a website dedicated to helping people get better at ESF. I'm not talking about people who are new to the game (though I suppose the site would also help them), I'm talking about teaching people advanced techniques you could use in fights. I'm talking about damage comparisons

An example of a damage comparison would be what do you do when you knock someone on the ground? Do you throw kiblobs at them then blow it up? Do you use a small frenzy of genballs? Do you use one large genball? Which of these options does the most damage. Or something along the lines of whats the best way to throw someone? Does throwing them at the ground and doing a ground combo do more damage then throwing them up the ceiling and doing a ceiling combo [the answer to that one is the ground.. Me and Saru spent like an hour in a server figuring it out]).

It would be useful bits of info like that which could potentially help someone improve at ESF. Do you guys think this idea holds any water / would you like a website like that?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think in the end it will cause many players to play in exactly the same way, just to deal more damage.

I mean, even moreso than is already the case. =/

nge

Best answers
You already know I'm going to be testing this stuff with you.

I'm a numbers man.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ Shiyojin: I don't think thats true. We wouldn't only be teaching people to do more damage, but also how to be more effective. Sometimes (a lot of the time actually) trying to do an insane amount of damage will result in you having your ass handed to you in a basket.

The site would also serve to teach new techniques. If more people know advanced techniques, we'll all be having a lot more fun. How so, you ask? Well, people ***** all the time about pros doing insane moves on them and end up calling them hackers. Pros don't enjoy being *****ed at, and less-skilled players don't like being owned. If the less-skilled players know how to fight, they'll stop *****ing and everyone will be happy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This sounds like an interesting idea. Having a single URL to direct newer players to could be quite the asset.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah. And it wouldn't just be for newer players, like I've said it would also be meant for pros who are trying to get better / learn a new move or two. One of the ideas I had was making some videos to show how to do certain moves / tricks that come in handy.

Truth be told, I'm just trying to help people out.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
I think in the end it will cause many players to play in exactly the same way, just to deal more damage.

Not exactly, as long as they give pro's and con's of every possible combo they can think of instead of saying "This one is the best" people could take each of the combo's and mix it up to make their very own style.
I like the idea, and you should also add a 'tip of the day' then. :p

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tip of the day is a bit much :eek:. Maybe tip of the week or month. Good idea though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This could help, well I just started playing esf again yesterday and i'm being owned by noobs, nah I'm just joking, but this is good idea, maybe after all this time of playing I might learn a thing or 2 even...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
Tip of the day is a bit much :eek:. Maybe tip of the week or month. Good idea though.
Hell yeah. I'd start playing ESF by now if ESF had that.

Best answers
Well I'd say hell yer, great idea and you've already got one of the best players in the world who could help you but maybe you could get skyrider to help you out with a URL, maybe you could do it on there web site esf zone?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We would rather the ESF Database have it's own site than an extension of an existing site.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm sounds like a good idea, i'd be willing to help out if i can, diagrams and such... if they're needed :p.

The site should have some sort of submission form or something, so newly descovered/not included info can be added easily.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I was thinking about setting up a gmail account or something for that. We could have a small suggestion forum, but to be honest I think that would get spammed / abused.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I was told to make a seperate website for this. So if you want a website for this seperate from the Zr site; you need to give me a layout, I don't know what you want on it. But I'm deffinately up for it :)

You know me ;)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
Yeah, I was thinking about setting up a gmail account or something for that. We could have a small suggestion forum, but to be honest I think that would get spammed / abused.
You can use my unused forum that's being unused for the moment. ;_;

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Then that means esf is too linear and there is not enough variety in the game to fight with different styles.

Basically they talk about advanced moves they figured out while playing the game. They discuss moves that they consider to be good, or ones that are bad and useless. They give out lots of tips on how to use each character effectively, and also discuss fighting strategies with each other on the boards.

They also post .avi videos of them playing the game. The videos could be matches between two players, a short video showing a hard-to-pull-off combo, or newly discovered tricks to show off to others.

Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:

i agree with Shiyojin it would just make all the players basically play the same way makeing the game lame.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:

This is what ruins ESF. So I say screw this idea. 'Nuff said.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tell me. How many pros play exactly the same way? We all know the moves, and what we should do, and yet we all seem to have our distinct styles. Why should this be any different with you guys?

Again, theres a difference between doing the most damage possible and being effective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom