Single Player for ESF.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Just dreaming over here....zzzzzzzzz......but wouldn't it be cool if there would be a single player mode for ESF, fighting all the battles of Dragon Ball Z. I know it'll never happen but a guy can dream, can't he? So whattaya say? Would it be cool?

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
No. No it wouldn't be.

MC

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
You have the Budokai games for that (also the many thousands of other Dragon Ball Z modifications). I don't think ESF and single-player could mix since ESF was solely made for multiplayer.

Look at Battlefield 2, it to was solely made for multiplayer, but there was a single-player mode and the new co-operation multiplayer mode. The thing is, since Battlefield 2 was made specifically for multiplayer the single-player mode and co-operation multiplayer mode were extremely poor since the main focus was on multiplayer.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The main reason a lot of players stick with ESF is because of the people they play with, I personally don't feel adding a single player mode would add anything of value to the game. I would ofcourse play through it, but that would only be a few hours of gameplay. You also have to consider how much work that would be for the team.

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF is more intended at multiplayer, you can play by yourself with bots if you feel like playying alone, and people play with bots to ethier practice, train or learn how to play the game if they are just starting to play esf etc. I don't think esf though in terms of making a single player story mode though would be that great. As MC has stated, it's more streamlined for a multiplayer game then anything else.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
It WOULD be awesome.
But for that you need to have real patience and wait years to have somehting good developed where could catch the DBZ Style.

Also there would be an needed balanced Stats system in there.
oh btw: it wouldnt work out on HL that good, already the map size limits the fun of having an Single player mode.
_

Something like an DBZ single player mod i would like to see on Battefield 1942 ^^.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
What do you mean map size? Did you ever play Half Life in single player? They could use that to make a single player game. Something with a campaign. And for playing with more than one character, for example, during the Saiyan Saga, u can play both with Goku on King Kai's Planet, and with Gohan training with Piccolo.

๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
i asked this same question before..its better to search those old thread's.but still u got ure answerd:laff:

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
dan_esf_fanatic said:
What do you mean map size? Did you ever play Half Life in single player? They could use that to make a single player game. Something with a campaign. And for playing with more than one character, for example, during the Saiyan Saga, u can play both with Goku on King Kai's Planet, and with Gohan training with Piccolo.
You do know that what you suggested would never work with ESF cause the maps are open. Now if the rooms were closed like in Half Life than it would be a difrent story.

But its still kinda pointless. Just choose the characters and maps. Than add the right bots and you have single player.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I played HL single player and i know how it works.
BUT it would look dumb to load each scenario map when you are walking around and are bounded to an straight story line.While you could just fly around the worlds.

Grega beat me to it in Time ^^

Best answers
guys all i can say => WIP :D

greetz from RaD

btw: rad site is under construction, together with a forum for the sp

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
There is already a singleplayer. It's called Bots. Anyway, other than bots or maybe some third party mod for ESF (something like EVM), there won't ever be a singleplayer for ESF. It just takes way too much time to create it and seeing as 1.3 is probably one of the last versions, it just won't happen.

Beta Tester Squad
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
no way it will no be , if the team want's to make the hl singal player to esf maybe

Best answers
USSJ_Gohan said:
so there will be??? :D
the one we are making is indeed with bots, but they are custom ones
they are edited to the moment in the sp

like saiyan saga => raditz, saibaimen (or something)

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I see no point in a story like single player mode in ESF. Because it would be just a fight against a certain bot (or bots). If ESF was more RPG like or something, it would make sense.

just my 2 cents

MC

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
kam! said:
I see no point in a story like single player mode in ESF. Because it would be just a fight against a certain bot (or bots). If ESF was more RPG like or something, it would make sense.

just my 2 cents
I agree with you, there would be no point at all. Not to mention you wouldn't be able to do much besides fight bots, like you stated. I couldn't see ESF having a story mode, there's just no point. Regardless, there will never be a story mode with ESF since the next release is supposedly the last besides a few patches.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Story, nah.

But if it were RPG, that would be awesome, the size of like 20 maps put together which is impossible though, so yeah, nothing else to say.

Beta Tester Squad
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes a RPG ESF will be cool but come on it's a lot of work

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom