Assorted tips for NEWBIES

Best answers
Hey folks. This thread is for posting hints/tips for newbies. Please do not post unless you have a hint, to keep this organized.

1) TURN ON YOUR SCOUTER, and set it to Mixed or Radar (radar is best, really). It is by FAR the best way to tell where your opponents are.

2) Learn to teleport. It is hard to get your bearings at first, but it is REALLY important in evading anything from a glowy-haired maniac wielding a sword to a big blue ball of death.

3) LEARN TO CHAIN DASH. This is important. Being able to change direction on-the-fly will help you immensely. Staying in constant motion is important when trying to keep those sneaky bastards away.

4) Basic melee is VERY powerful if you know how to do double-hits. When you hit someone with basic melee and they go flying, you can't hit 'em again simply by dashing towards them. You have to hit, teleport dash (hold right click the whole time. Teleport dashing is covered in the flash tutorial) in order to do it fast enough for a double hit.

5) Bind block to your middlemouse button, but DO NOT remove the bind on Q. Use the bind on Q to block energy attacks, if you can. Use the middle mouse button to block things like enemy melees, and if you don't have enough time to reach the Q button, energy attacks. The reason I say this is that it's REALLY easy to let up on the middlemouse button accidentally. If you're in a block struggle and this happens ,you get vaporized.

6) Learn to exploit enemies when they're weak, and how to use the various tools your character has at their disposal. For example, when fighting a guy who likes beam attacks, I will often charge up my Freiza disk, launch it at them, and if they fire their beam, I switch away from my disk (so I can move) and teleport away. While they control their beam, the disk annihilates them.

When I knock someone down, I quickly switch to my fingerlasers, turn on turbo, and rapidfire.

Be creative with your powers. No character is the same, use each character's unique abilities in creative ways and they will be the death of your opponent

7)Turbo. I don't see many people using this, but it's great. Going into a melee with 25% more PL is very useful, and 25% more PL when unleashing your Ki attacks on some poor sod is great. It drains Ki fast, though, so don't use it too much.

8) Don't always ascend when you are able to. The stronger your opponents are in relation to you, the more PL you gain, and vice versa. What's this mean?

Kill a guy who has 5K PL while you have 2K PL and you'll get a massive PL boost. Kill that same guy when you have 5K PL and the bonus is not so big. If you can still contend with your enemies while untransformed, then don't.

For example, I was playing a game vs some bots today. Two of them were Trunks, and I was Freiza. They ascended as soon as they could and for awhile gave me a helluvalot of trouble. I waited awhile, since I was still able to hold them off. When I ascended, I was far more powerful than them, and completely raped them.

9) Train with bots. Start up your own LAN server and play with a few bots. I cannot begin to explain how important this is. The bots in this game are very good, and play similar to humans. Most importantly, these bots are FAST. Learning how to catch and annihilate bots will help you catch and annihilate humans. Even the best pros have trouble beating an Ultimate-difficulty bot.

10) If you enter into a block struggle, transform if you can, and hit T as well as pressing the left mouse button. AIM AT AN ENEMY. If you manage to push it back, then an enemy often will not be expecting a big blue ball of death vaporizing them. The reason they stay nearby is so they can get you when you're low on Ki.

I have a story today. I was playing online, and someone sent a kamehameha wave at me. I blocked it, and eventually sent it back. The owner wasn't watching and got vaporized. It happened again, except this time the owner blockstruggled against it. He pushed it back-but not at me. I simply swooped him and slaughtered him while he was low on Ki.

Best answers
I would add that u should go to www.esf-world.com and read the flash tutorial there on how to play >.> Will be a big help to ppl trying out esf for the first time.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can block against an attack that was thrown back at you? Cool...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yugi_Yami said:
I would add that u should go to www.esf-world.com and read the flash tutorial there on how to play >.> Will be a big help to ppl trying out esf for the first time.
Seconded, that guide practically covers just about every aspect of play you need to know about the game.

Best answers
I just thought of one more thing...

If you're attacking with adv. melee, don't use diagonal punches/kicks unless you're going for a combo. They're 2X as easy to block.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Demonic Spoon said:
When I knock someone down, I quickly switch to my fingerlasers, turn on turbo, and rapidfire.
Id just like to add here.

Doing a lot of that is considerd very lame anc can get you a kick or worse if you do it to mutch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom