ESF-World news

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
OMG tournament mode for ESF :p

You can read the folowing quote here directly.

esf-world said:
ok, the first beta is finally public.
We made a new forum section about the gamemode in case you have questions and so you can let us know what you think about it.

About the gamemode itself, here is a quote from the description topic how it works
ESF-World Tournament Mode
powered by Corona-Bytes.NET

Introduction :
The ESF-World Tournament Mode has been developed by Raven and Lord-of-Destruction of Corona-Bytes.NET on the request of DJ-Ready of ESF-World. It features a new game mode for ESF ; the Tournament Mode. The tournament mode works like follows: first one has to be on a special tournament map, in this case a map that provides two special tournament spawn points. Second the server checks for player and decides whether or not a tournament can be started. This is because there have to be at least two players. Assuming there are two or more players, which start as "spectators? the server sort these players by their jointime. Then the server chooses two opponents and puts them into the ?arena?. After a countdown the two ?fighters? can start fighting within a defined timelimit. The fighter who wins the first round stays in the queue wherever the looser will be set at the end of the queue. The ?Winner? can stay in the arena of a total maximum of three rounds, after that he will be set to the end of the queue himself.

Features:
There are several cvars that control several aspects of the mode, such as:

Start PL ( normal, trans 1, perfect trans )
Keeping Health ( 0 / 1 )
Keeping PL ( 0 / 1)
MeleeOnly ( 0 / 1 )

MaxRound ( 1-3 )
RoundTime ( int in seconds )

Admin Menu
o Manages Mode
o Automatic Mode
o Set next fighters
o Cancel Match
o Start Match

Gameplay:
The gameplay has been changed in so far, that the basic melee action has been altered in a way the game gets more fast and provides more tactical possibilities. In short words, the basic melee airlock has been removed and a speedup in melee pushback has been added starting from the second basic melee combo hit. In other words you can now hit an opponent more than just two times in the air, but as soon as you do that he will be pushed back faster by every hit, that balances this advantage.
Moreover the game now differentiates between basic melee, advanced melee and prepunched melee kills as well as basic melee combo kills. All these information are put directly into the stats database, which gives us the ability to determine who?s using what kind of melee and what kind of tactics on their enemies.
The Gamemode is currecntly active (public) at
81.169.149.225:27021 ESF-World.com Tournament Server #1

Have fun testing it and let us know what you think about it :)

So what you think. Some things in there seem quite interesting :p

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I really like the idea of a ranking system in the second oldest news post. ESF needs that.

Beta Tester Squad
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
What about beam's will be be able to use them ?

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I just tried playing on the tournament server. No one could join due to a bug.

I joined the server and selected my character yet I didn't spawn. On the screen the phrase "Cannot change character class" was displayed..

edit: Finally got it working. It's filled with some bugs (it crashed a few times and such), but I really enjoyed it

a few crits-
First off, you should only see the radar blip of the guy your currently fighting.
Second, you should see how much hp the guy your fighting has left
Third, you can't tell whose who when your specing.
Fourth, you can hit people who are specing if you're playing
Fifth, the map is WAY TO BRIGHT [seriously, i hate bright maps]

And a question for DJReady / Anyone that knows: Does this plugin work on windows based servers or only Linux?

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I prefer the old system of kicking all but two people and facing off that way, this is just a pain.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
Great mod, except for a few bugs its my new favorite gamemode. Like Sub said, theres a bug that doesnt let you select a character. I dont think you should see your opponents hp, but I feel the same about the brightness, though it isnt as bad on this map.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Second, you should see how much hp the guy your fighting has left
I don't think that would be fair, cuz that would give the opponent an unfair advantage, think about knowing that your enemy has, lets say just 3p left, you probably would risk anything and try to take him out with a blast or something.

btw. some major bugs have been fixed ^^

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
How would it be an unfair advantage if you both have it? If someone is at 3 HP, you'll know anyway since their pl will be dropping.

It's good to hear some bugs have been fixed though.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess thats open for discussion, I personaly find it not that good an idea, but I'll leave that up to the majority ;)

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
if i didnt have a ghey fat VAC ban for bloom mod, i'd be there trying it out... =/

If you're that bothered about bright maps Sub, turn down your gamma, it increases the saturation of textures (makes it look better imo) and darkens everything a lil, makes brighter maps much more playable, but if you then play on a dark map... its a bit too dark >_>.

Whats melee like in this new mode then? anybody been getting more than 2 hits frequently? is it too easy? too hard? I'd like know what people think, seeming as i cant play it myself =/

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I should probably turn down my brightness, it's at half way. Thanks.

The new version is good. Less bugs and people who are specing are nearly invisible on the radar. Something troubling me about the ranking system though... I have more kills and less deaths than most people in the top 10, yet I'm ranked 30.

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
its because of the players rank magnitude. You gain way more points for killing someone higher ranked or equal ranked then killing low ranked noobs ^^

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Lame =P ten characters zomg

edit: donnierisk, it was a joke

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think it's lame at all, it balances everything, otherwise I can become like number 1 just by spamming and killing some noobs, I did that once, and noticed that my score went lower.....losers, but it's fun that way, makes it challenging.

Oh and great new tournament mode, I really love it, and thanx to Raven and Lord-of-Destruction for making this possible, they really are cool, ^^

Base belongs to me.
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’ŽLΓ©géñdārΓ½
Best answers
This plugin has killed the HL2Files servers, s2k server and esf-w servers. They are all down at the moment.

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
uh ... well, its still a beta ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom