Exploiting

Ex-Pro 1.2.3 Player
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Is exploiting cheating or fair play if it is in the game....

you decide....

after maybe 50 posts this will hopefully close

P.S. Pain please don't kill me for adding this

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Exploiting is using an bug to unfair advantage in the Game.
However some Exploits(Rolling exploit) have 50-50 opinions about beeing an cheat or not.

But generally i would say Exploiting=Cheating

Best answers
totally agree with ssjgoku83
exploiting=cheating

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uhm... it's cheating without discussion. Simply because it's in the game does not mean it was intended to be in the game. Which is why this is a beta and has since been fixed for future versions.

But since it is in the game, some servers may allow it as part of their own playstyle. But from the Dev perspective, yes, it is cheating.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I find it funny that the PTGN server, the pub i'm on regular states no exploting/cheating in their ruleset:
ptgn server rules said:
Rules
====
1. Players must adhere to standard PTGN server rules with regards to chatting and use of microphones.
2. Racial, sexist & derogatory comments towards groups or individuals will not be tolerated.
3. Swearing should be kept to a minimum.
4. The use of Cheats and/or Hacks is strictly prohibited.
5. The intentional use of bugs or exploits are prohibited.
6. Using a transformation as a shield to avoid damage is not allowed.
7. You are not allowed to excessively spam any attack. The exceptions to this rule are:
-Melee of all kinds
-Ki Blasts and Blobs
-Generic Balls
-Generic Beams in a non-transformed state
Use attacks not listed above no more than three times, and then melee for a minute.
8. Killing yourself is NOT ALLOWED unless you are stuck and teleporting/swooping does not work.
9. No impersonating other people without their permission
Admins' words are final!
If you have an issue, feel free to contact an Admin to discuss such things.
Whatever an Admin says is final, so listen to them!
And yet, Blackwind, a player I was playing against last time I played online was whoring the roll exploit and players consider it round comboing but when it is clearly stated in the rules that exploits are not allowed =/.

Best answers
Exploiters must die. Well at least ESF is safe from EVM's goku glitchers etc =]

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But ESF still has its own glitches that people use.

Rollhit is only one of them. And it means instant death with out a chance to retaliate for the one on the receveing end.

Best answers
I dont think that has ever happened to me thankfully, guess Im lucky(?).

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most servers have an instant ban set out for anyone thats caught using that ^^

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I play people in 1v1 matches we usually do the 2 air 1 ground rule which makes it fair because its hard to hit your opponent twice in the air to get that roll hit in.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This whole game is exploits right now. None of the current community plays ESF the original way we all used to when it first came out.

I'm hoping 1.3 changes this but I don't have very high hopes.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Just wondering in what consists the roll exploit i've been hearing about?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Normally you cannot kill someone in one attack run. With the roll exploit you can.

If you're asking how to do it, I don't think it would be prudent to spread that information around.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doesn't matter anyway. The whole game is broken right now, thanks to the community and the way they play it. If you don't know the bull**** tricks it's not even worth trying to play because you'll get crushed...especially if you try to fight fairly.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Doesn't matter anyway. The whole game is broken right now, thanks to the community and the way they play it. If you don't know the bull**** tricks it's not even worth trying to play because you'll get crushed...especially if you try to fight fairly.
I don't know any tricks or any exploits and I'm able to fend for myself without too many problems.

Best answers
Basically, if your getting owned by exploiters.....Just laugh ^^
Coz they're the ones losing the righteous fight, not us, the righteous.
But yeah, I'm sick and tired of joining servers only to be greeted by exploiters, but the think that makes me most angry, Is the pro players (Imo) that are using fake nicks and exploiting themselves, and these are people I 'had' respect for =[

Best answers
then again saying that you are playing a GAME ..."Righteously" is kinda funny in a sense too.

Don't get me wrong, exploiting isn't something you should do and in matches that are held...they are normally banned. Even if you don't know how to do them, that doesn't mean you can't play the game. People really do NOT exploit as much as others think to beleive. I don't think the community is broken, i just think people don't want to DEAL with a select few that refuse to play the game "normally" for lack of a better word

Best answers
'Righteous' is a weird term to describe playing a game, but a term nonetheless.
Admins are righteous you could say...

Best answers
well we aren't in the 1400's where knights and such were "righteous" if you want to consider anything...i would say the terms: Moral, ethic, just

those terms and others like them should be used

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom