Combos

Best answers
Hey there, new to the boards. I've been following ESF for a while, and my compliments on a job very well done; one of the most impressive mods I've ever had the pleasure of playing.

So, I've heard little tidbits here and there about certain special combos that characters have (most noticeably trunks, whose combos use his sword). And, understandably, it's policy not to just give them away; I can respect that. However...

Given that there are 8 directions to use for an attack, and two flavors of attack (kick and punch), there are a total of 16 attacks that can be done in any one 'slot' on an adv melee combo. Additionally, on a 6-prepunch combo to give longest time, you generally have time for 11 light attacks. Now, as we can consider medium and heavy attacks to be instances of pressing the same direction/attack we just pressed, we come up with 16^11 possible combos.

In other words, 17,592,186,044,416 combos. Over 17.5 trillion. :shocked: And in these 17.5 trillion, we're supposed to find one or two? Also, this is just for 'longest' combos, that number skyrockets even further when you consider that these target combos could be of any length.

Little help here? Not direct answers, but more like a few hints on where to begin?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you want to learn the combos, then play the game and learn them. It's really that simple. That's how most of us learned them.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ill help a bit. One combo is 3 directions and another is 4 directions.

Both of them are comon as special comboes for super attacks in fighter games ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The best way to learn them is to fight a lot of advanced melee and pay attention to what directions your opponent uses on you. If it results in a special combo, write it down, then try it yourself. I think the bots on higher difficulties also do the combos.

As you didn't ask for the direct answers, this thread will stay open in case anyone else has any hints on how to discover the combos yourself.

Discord Member
Best answers
I learned the punch sequence by observing the bots directions ;D

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the combo's r simple but one more thing you have to know who to play arcade games and the bot's can give you the combos if you pay atantion :D first combo it's easy and you can do it in advance melee like 4-5 times and do like 40 -50 hp dmg if you get them all to your oponet

Best answers
Grega said:
Ill help a bit. One combo is 3 directions and another is 4 directions.

Both of them are comon as special comboes for super attacks in fighter games ^^
Thanks a ton; that's the kind of help I was looking for, as while it doesn't give things away, it tremendously narrows down the search. :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the like majin-vegeta said, just play around online, then if you make a friend or something and he knows the combos, I'm sure he won't mind helping, there are a few people that won't mind trying to help you. Oh and the 3 directions combo is much easier then the 4 directions, the sequence is easier and faster to learn.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Another one, purposely get into Adv Melee with the better players on the server. They're more likely to know combos.

Best answers
i would tell him the combo but a lot of people would get pissed at me, soo just try fighting advance people they will mostlikey do it to you

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just do this. Play with a Good bot (the highest level, not super bots) and have them Melee you. Memorize each sequence and wait until the combo hits.

This is a hint, and the only hint I can give :O. It just matters how you interpret it :D

Best answers
yea well i kno only the 3 move combo, and i could NEVER do it... all the punches have to be in blue and for some reason it never comes out that way for me.. its quite ANNOYING =/

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
g00dz said:
yea well i kno only the 3 move combo, and i could NEVER do it... all the punches have to be in blue and for some reason it never comes out that way for me.. its quite ANNOYING =/
Well all 3 dont have to be blue actualy ^^

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i wont give u the whole sequence only this (dont get pissed at me other ppl plz_: in the first c0mb0: all are blarg
in the s3c0nd: first blah are blarg the next/last move is a bloobidy blah. As i said its up to you to find the moves but if u want i can PM u with the moves. Be aware: the first combo is very very easy to do but the second it requires some time to get used to it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Giving out the combos over the forum is not allowed. If I look in the database later and see that you've given out such information via PM, action will be taken.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
ok sorry but why did u modified the all are blarg
in the s3c0nd: first blah are blarg the next/last move is a bloobidy blah??? cus it wasnt the combo just a part of it

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trungeta said:
ok sorry but why did u modified the all are blarg
in the s3c0nd: first blah are blarg the next/last move is a bloobidy blah??? cus it wasnt the combo just a part of it
Telling other players what the advanced melee combinations is not allowed on these forums, even if you are just telling them what the beginning of the combination consists of.

Pain edited your message so that the point of the secret combinations remains, and that point is to find them on your own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom