esfb1.3 or esf

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was just thinking about this since esfb1.3 will be the last version why not call it esf (no more beta just the full version of esf)

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Should bookmark this topic! ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After it's fully completed, maybe. After 1.3 there may be a few bug fixes, so...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
or maybe someone else will do the job on and is recruiting a new team to work on, i think the team just wants to get retired of it. Im sure there will exist another esf ;)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah after 1.3, I think ESF should just die on the HL1 engine. ESF has seen it's glory days, and will always be remembered as one of the best HL1 mods around, and one of the most deticated teams creating a mod. So I guess it would be good for it to be truelly called Earth's Special Forces then.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
Nah after 1.3, I think ESF should just die on the HL1 engine. ESF has seen it's glory days, and will always be remembered as one of the best HL1 mods around, and one of the most deticated teams creating a mod. So I guess it would be good for it to be truelly called Earth's Special Forces then.
Even if ESF dies on hl engin it will still rock all other hl mods , i don't think anyother mod can get this far in graphic game play.So even if esf die it will stil be remeber in the history of hl

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I doubt though Earth's Special Forces will die anytime soon. It has been over 4 years now, so with the v1.3 version. It will be many many more years.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pff just call it ESF if it makes you happy =P

Best answers
if it is the last version ithink thay shuld give the source code to.. :p

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I dunno Skyrider.. Not many people play as much as they used to. Let's hope ESF 1.3 brings in more people.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i just played esf again after many months, and i must say: Guys, now i know why the heck i came here on this FORUM..... I WANT ESF TO BE MINE! I WANT TO EDIT IT ! NEW MODELS ALL I WANT IT BECOME GREATER!!!

^^" calm down that was once a time... its a great game, to bad there is no tournement modus like the esf worlds now in the basics. its just awesome =) i dont care what ever, To have the greatest game ever for low tech computers, get hl with esf!

It would be a shame to drop esf after so many years, some other guys have to work on it aswell, just on a higher engine!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NEVER! esf+hl1 = pwnage.

but I would really like more than 1.3, there wouldn't be a point in community mapping for esf 1.3 once it's out, there is nothing to look forward to, well there are addons, but that's different...

and about the topic, normal esf wouldn't be bad, why not? I see no harm in taking away beta, but doesn't beta still mean that it's just unstable or something?

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain sayid it they get a patch to fix the rest of the bugs then it will be caled esf 1.3 no more beta

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beta means not finished or something like that.

Anyhow. Donnierisk whats all that crap about comunity maping for 1.3

All the comunity maps are for the current version. Also mappers dont make stuff for nothing. They make maps in hope of people actualy playing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom