• 1.1 (Pure Simple)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1.2 (Simple and Advanced)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember back in 1.0, when it was about targeting, and right clicking, which I think was alright. But, the best was 1.1, where it was right clicking, without targeting. You'd have really long and drawn out fights, because you could manuever so well. Now in the 1.2 era fights can sometimes take seconds, with the amount of advanced melee damage that can be manipulated. The fights just seem to be over before you can really enjoy them.

I say 1.1 ftw.

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I have no idea what 1.1 was like, so I vote for 1.2

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I liked the melee from esf 1.1, but what bugged me is that you couldn't swoop without having melee selected. But the targeting was excellent, it made it easier to see your opponent. I don't like advanced melee much though, I only use it against pros when I get owned in basic.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.1 was alright for me, but 1.2's system was a vast improvement over what became after a time, highly repetitive combat.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Synth said:
I remember back in 1.0, when it was about targeting, and right clicking, which I think was alright. But, the best was 1.1, where it was right clicking, without targeting. You'd have really long and drawn out fights, because you could manuever so well. Now in the 1.2 era fights can sometimes take seconds, with the amount of advanced melee damage that can be manipulated. The fights just seem to be over before you can really enjoy them.

I say 1.1 ftw.
What? There was targeting in 1.1. The only difference between 1.0 and 1.1 melee were the head ons; in 1.0, they were based on ping where as in 1.1 it was based on ki. They also changed the hitboxes in 1.1 so that it wasn't as easy to hit someone.

I also don't think you understand 1.2's melee system. Fights taking seconds? Advanced melee doing damage? Right....

With that being said, I voted for 1.1

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.2 melee. I like to tag a little advanced melee in. Just simple melee all the times gets me bored.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm the 1.2 system makes me sick latly, i just stay to the classic. 1.1, the advance melle is quite interupting :-\

it would be awesome if the simple melee would be included the advance, like you hit, then kick hit then the oppetent has the chance to protect hisself if he pushes the right button in the right second and hten it gets changed to advance melee, otherwise the victim will fly away.

but a said, i vote for 1.1

Best answers
i didnt play 1.1 at all, so all i remember is the original and i prefered that yes.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.2 gets my vote, I was annoyed by the fact you had to be targeting someone just to swoop, which really limited the freedom of movement Imo.

Basic Melee > Adv. Melee

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I choose 1.2 melee becouse it's the only one i've used.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.1 Melee. Even that i was slammed into one edge of the map withing 2 secs. and again backwards^^.
Still was fun and fast.:p Whoever made multiple kills in 1.1 was an awesome pro. in 1.2 he aint ;)

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I go with Beta 1.2's melee system. Its more challenging and fun than other melee systems of earlier versions I've played. The worst melee system would be the ones from Alpha 2.0 and earlier (where it just involved simple punching and kicking).

While Beta 1.0 brought in swooping and Beta 1.1 as a slight improvement, Beta 1.2 makes a nice change. I don't know about everyone but I find V1.2's melee system challenging and fun like I said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom