Hey there!

Best answers
A lot of you might not recognize me, but I'm the 'supposedly' constant supporter of ESF (whose problem was I lost my HL cd so I couldn't play esf) a long, long long time ago :p.

*Sighs contentedly* Finally, after an exhausting amount of life-changing events... I'm back home :p.

At first it surprised me that there still wasn't any 1.3 (actually I thought 1.2.3, 'was' 1.3... heh), but then I read the advanced melee pdf, and I figured, hey, it was 'still' and always will be worth the wait :).

I used to go by the name Quartz a year or two ago, and then an even older name back when I used to play dragon mod z, bfp and the first esf (which was not very good actually... don't worry, you guys made me a believer when the next two updates were released, heheheh :p).

Sure, I still may not have the game cd, but I managed to install DSL *evil laugh*... I'm supporting this here mod to make sure it never dies... and well, that means you've still got a long way to go, esf. I don't care about Half-Life 2's advancements (nice game, though), the classics don't just die.

Long live the dragon.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate to break this to you =o but...there are rumors that ESF 1.3 will be the last release...=o

Hi, by the way ^_^

Best answers
Hrm. This could be a problem. Well, rumours are rumours ^_^... sort of like the innocent until proven guilty concept.

Heya back :).

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Super Veggeto said:
I hate to break this to you =o but...there are rumors that ESF 1.3 will be the last release...=o

Hi, by the way ^_^
If you count in the patches, then probably, yes.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rumors? I remember it being stated that ESF 1.3 plus a few patches will be the last release.

Plus, the advanced melee is just the tip of the ice berg in my opinion, there's a lot that remains to be seen.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It has been stated, but I don't believe it. The team is just saying that so that they can suprise us with 1.4 and later. I'm telling you, ESF will not die with 1.3. The only thing that can stop them from making a new version is that there's nothing new to add. But that can't happen. Loads of people play this mod, and a lot of those people have ideas to make the mod better. As long as there are ideas, there is potential. But right now, the team is being bugged about when 1.3 will come out. If you all believe that this is the last version, they'll be able to work on the NEW one uninterrupted. And then one day, there will be a thread, right here, saying: ESF 1.4 RELEASED!!!! And everyone will go: "WTF?? 1.4? Wasn't 1.3 the final one?! Oh yea I remember dan mentioning this, well it seems he was right!" I'm telling you, it's gonna happen!

Best answers
That would definitely be a nice thing to believe, but hoping too much on it can cradle a lot of disappointment when it turns out differently ^_^.

If they are indeed thinking about 1.4, then bugging them about 1.3 will just show'em that we're ungrateful :D. So far though, no-one's been doing that lately *hears crickets in the background*. It's too quiet around here... :p

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
Rumors? I remember it being stated that ESF 1.3 plus a few patches will be the last release.

Plus, the advanced melee is just the tip of the ice berg in my opinion, there's a lot that remains to be seen.
Well he doesnt know that =P and I tried to be as nice as I could heh it could be a big impact ya know xD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ahem..

ESF 1.3 will be the final release.

Take it from me. I would know. And yes i'm 100%. The only thing that might, and I really do mean might, come after 1.3 would just be small bug fixes if we bother to do them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama, you can't know that. You're not psychic. Who knows, you guys might just make up your minds, and decide to make another version. No one can know for sure. But I'm pretty certain that it's gonna happen. No matter how many times you say it, I won't believe it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should belive that Joe wanted to stop a long time ago if my memory serves me well ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dan_esf_fanatic said:
Kama, you can't know that. You're not psychic. Who knows, you guys might just make up your minds, and decide to make another version. No one can know for sure. But I'm pretty certain that it's gonna happen. No matter how many times you say it, I won't believe it.
I can know for sure, i'm on the team. We've discussed it. 1.3 is the final version and then we all want to move on to different things.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama, tire yourself not with this one, for his skin is too thick for even your mighty reasoning to penetrate.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know.. but I just.. I just want to believe that those kind of people don't populate the majority of this forum.. is.. is that too much? T_T

Best answers
*sigh* Whatever then :p. So long as this release is sure, no matter how much time it takes, support it I will :).

You guys could use some slack :D.

Best answers
THIS MAN IS NO SUPPORTER OF ESF! How do I know?

Izzy said:
I used to go by the name Quartz a year or two ago, and then an even older name back when I used to play dragon mod z, bfp and the first esf (which was not very good actually... don't worry, you guys made me a believer when the next two updates were released, heheheh :p).
Aha! Everbody knows the first releases of ESF were teh pwn. Much better than this current version pish.

:/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
Kama, tire yourself not with this one, for his skin is too thick for even your mighty reasoning to penetrate.
Don't flame me, buddy, I'm just telling them what I think. If the team really does decide to quit, then I'll buy copyright from the team and make a new version with a few friends. If the team lets me of course. But I don't think it's gonna be neccessary.

Best answers
dan_esf_fanatic said:
Don't flame me, buddy, I'm just telling them what I think. If the team really does decide to quit, then I'll buy copyright from the team and make a new version with a few friends. If the team lets me of course. But I don't think it's gonna be neccessary.
That's all we need, a second rate, EVM-esque version of ESF made that basically ****s on what came before. :/ And no, I'm not flaming you, saying you're **** at mod making, I'm saying that anyone besides the ESF Team working on ESF is going to phail, and phail bad, because it's their project, no one elses.

And Kama is a member of the team, and I myself am a tester. It's been said a billion times over that their not making any more versions, so don't pull this 'I know better' crap. It's over after 1.3. Deal with it.

(Plus... buy copyright? You think they've copyrighted this? Copyrighting anything DBZ would be just asking to be shut down, :/.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dan_esf_fanatic said:
T'was not flame, but an affirmation unto the knowing, so that they may know, and spread thy knowledge upon the weak and the sick. Let it be a proclaimation unto the land that all is as it shall be, forever now, and unto eternity undying. Now, begone from this place lest the other curs rise up to gaze openly at what must surely be the most divine truth, the end at 1.3.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dan_esf_fanatic said:
They won't let you. Just go and make your own Dragon Ball Z modification if you want it so badly. ESF 1.3 will be the last version, but it will not be the last Dragon Ball Z modification you can find. Look around, there's a number of Dragon Ball Z modifications for the Source engine to keep you occupied (once they're released).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom