What's going on?

Best answers
Whenever I try and start my own game, ESF closes out. But it's not my graphics card, cause whenever I play someone elses game it lets me play just fine. So what's going on?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. Read this.
2. Once you run it, make sure your video mode is OpenGL. If the game tried to launch but then kicks you out at the start, it's probably because the default video mode for valve games on your computer is OpenGL, but your drivers aren't installed. Just reinstall them if it's neccessary. If you still have a problem, then it's probably Steam. I have a problem with it currently, I can't run the game at all. In that case, go to the Steam forums and ask there.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think he is using evm that's way it quits to desktop.Ar you using evm (evm it's not suportet here)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe its because ur trieing to make local game, it crashes for me also when i try to make it :S
but if u make it internet and u wanna play with bots, just put password like 2141251tsfts***a like i do ;D

Best answers
LegendarY said:
maybe its because ur trieing to make local game, it crashes for me also when i try to make it :S
but if u make it internet and u wanna play with bots, just put password like 2141251tsfts***a like i do ;D

lol there was cursing around there somewhere... but no, EVM doesn't necessarily make your game quit, must be the OpenGL thingy, but I'm pretty sure it works with Direct3D too, at least it worked for me.... AND software... o.o . Bleh I don't know what the problem is lol. If it IS EVM, my guess is u didn't install the patch. You can find it at www.esf-world.com . Otherwise, I have no idea what the problem could be...:rolleyes:

Best answers
have som respect for the work that was putt into it, ****s.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My tips goes to OpenGL as well. It is a common issue that some messages the HL engine sends to the client can cause it to crash for reason yet unknown. And for the others ( volcov, legendary, lionheart ), your unqualified comments aren't going to help him at all and should be considered off-topic/spamming even flaming , but that's not my decision.

Best answers
When you choose create server, select settings, and make sure 'lan game' is clicked.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Ice-X said:
have som respect for the work that was putt into it, ****s.
Have some respect for the other forum users, and please keep the flames and insults to a minimum before any other moderative action is needed to be take, sir. Just take this as your friendly nudge back to the light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom