Trailer`?

Best answers
I was just wondering. Are you ( esf team ) going to release a trailer to your beloved fans ? Or are you just gonna keep the game a complete surprise?

It doesn't really matter to me tho, but like I said I'm jsut wondering o_o :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Define trailer.
We release pics weekly, with the occasional movie.

I should also note that the movies are not "of the month" they are "of the moment", since they may not come on a monthly schedule.

Best answers
Ah yes i love those little movies and pics

But I was thinking more of a larger-longer and cooler Trailer ! :D

You could make one so we can see some of the trans ( not all you must save some for us to explore :p ) new attacks in-game and show us some meele with some fancy music and stuff :)

That would most certainly put your fans on fire !

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
An Trailer would be nice. shortly before the release of course 1month before an planned release.
Just to show some new features.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, but my guess is that 1.3 is in no way even close to a release, it will take another couple of months to a year or possibly even longer. Only the Team and Betatesters know. And before 1.3 is released, I will bet you that they will release at least one trailer, and probably a couple more at the 'release party'.

Discord Member
Best answers
Well a nice trans showing trailer would be nice :]

Best answers
yeah but i'd like to see lots of cool stuff i want to see a GOOD trailer with all the trimmings xD lol

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
Yeah, but my guess is that 1.3 is in no way even close to a release, it will take another couple of months to a year or possibly even longer. Only the Team and Betatesters know. And before 1.3 is released, I will bet you that they will release at least one trailer, and probably a couple more at the 'release party'.
They don't even know, that's why it's impossible to answer with anything other than "when it's done".

They released a trailer for every beta version thus far, I doubt they'd skip it on this one.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
They don't even know, that's why it's impossible to answer with anything other than "when it's done".

They released a trailer for every beta version thus far, I doubt they'd skip it on this one.
That's true, but they can at least say: "This is what we still have to do". The team probably has a list of what's done, and what still has to be done. If half of the list is done, ESF 1.3 is completed for 50%. But we don't know at what percentage ESF 1.3 is at the moment. Of course, they don't know how long they will be working on the stuff they still have to create, but they at least know what's done.

Best answers
it would be great if they had a little precent meter thingie on their main site like:

Coding - 100%

Models - 100%

maps - 100%

Trailer - 37%

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm they should or some peoples here around the forums who know how to do such stuff maybe try to make a Esf-Trailer.

Means getting the esf alpha 1.5 release ( i got it) install, takin some records and then allways stepp up to alpha 2 release, then beta 1.1 then beta 1.2 , and later maybe add 1.3 .... would be awesome though.

Best answers
I wouldn't do it xD im waaaaay to lazy :p

+ i don't have a proper recording programm

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
That's true, but they can at least say: "This is what we still have to do". The team probably has a list of what's done, and what still has to be done. If half of the list is done, ESF 1.3 is completed for 50%. But we don't know at what percentage ESF 1.3 is at the moment. Of course, they don't know how long they will be working on the stuff they still have to create, but they at least know what's done.
That wouldn't work either.

Let's say we set the percentage at 50%. Sometime later we may want to add more features, or go back and change something, or take something out completely. That sort of stuff would cause the percentage to be constantly going up and down, and frankly, no one wants to deal with that. It would just be yet another thing we have to do.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He's right.

We may know what needs to be done on the surface (for example, if some animations are missing, we would know that they need to be made), but if, for example, everything else would be done (models, sounds, animations etc), it would be hard for us to tell what else needs to be added. That's up to the team.

That said, we have no idea how far the game is.

But let me say that development is going very well. :3

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Mobius ^^ said:
it would be great if they had a little precent meter thingie on their main site like:

Coding - 100%

Models - 100%

maps - 100%

Trailer - 37%
You can't really say percentages when you're still unsure about fully tweaking some things out or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom