BIG PROBLEM TRYING TO DOWNLOAD ESF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Best answers
Well here it goes, when i tried downloading a window and it was about 20% through it comes up with a window saying i can't download esf and it will be restarted and another window comes up saying

"Steam.exe (main exception):Unable to start steam engine: *SteamStartEngine(0x12e8c8) failed with error 200: Connection Reset, WinSock error 10054 "connection reset by peer"

~~~~~~~~~ anyway why do we have to install half life if we have to buy a copy of it anyway?... and if you download half life does it mean you have to play the downloaded one or the one that you bought? this is all very confusing to me lol.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
veqeta said:
Well here it goes, when i tried downloading a window and it was about 20% through it comes up with a window saying i can't download esf and it will be restarted and another window comes up saying

"Steam.exe (main exception):Unable to start steam engine: *SteamStartEngine(0x12e8c8) failed with error 200: Connection Reset, WinSock error 10054 "connection reset by peer"
Where are you downloading ESF from? Try downloading it from another site, and don't use any download managers (if you use any).

Best answers
Um i am downloading Esf from the link in the "how to install esf" thread.

Best answers
If you mean things like norton anti virus i have that on.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What is your internet connection?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
vegeta please do not double post. If you've got something to add and no one else has posted yet you can edit your previous post.

Best answers
will this download site work? the one that was suggested to me?
i got steam up and running good aswell

"notice i edited this time?"

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
veqeta said:
will this download site work? the one that was suggested to me?
i got steam up and running good aswell

"notice i edited this time?"
Yes, it should work. If it doesn't, I can find millions of other links that host ESF.

Best answers
how do i install from this site? when i click on the download bit it goes throught to another website...

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
veqeta said:
how do i install from this site? when i click on the download bit it goes throught to another website...
You can try downloading it from the following:

http://esf-world.com/index.php?c=fileinfo&file_id=25320#nothing (You'll have to wait 26 minutes before the actual download link is displayed).

http://www.fileplanet.com/152143/150000/fileinfo/Earth-Special-Forces-beta-v1.2.3-full-install (Basically the same as the above link, you have to wait before you can actually download it. You also need an account.)

http://files.moddb.com/337/download-earths-special-forces-123/

http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/18760

Best answers
ok i'll try those out

should it take 7 hours? for only 184 mb?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It depends on your internet connection and where the server you're downloading from is located (among many other things).

Best answers
well since i live in New Zealand i am downloading it from a australian server, and it still says 7 hours...

Best answers
Gah! i have to downloading again due to a powercut!!! argh!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try finding a server closer to your location?

And for the love of god, please stop being so impatient, it's making me nervous. -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom