HOW CAN I MAKE A SERVER FOR ALL TO SEE?

Best answers
hi there i was wondering how to make your own server for others to play, i have tried making it normally but no one can see it, help is greatly appreciated thanks.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
You need to forward your ports.
Not just any old port.

HL listens on port 27015, so you will need to forward it. Also make sure in that in that you have "sv_lan 0" set, which you can either set in your server config or type in the console before when you get to the esf game menu.

Best answers
could you tell me how to do that? easily?... :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you were a little more specific, maybe. I think I know the problem, but I have to be sure so:

Are you using Steam?

Are you using version 1.2.3 of ESF?

Are you trying to run any ESF add-ons?

What game are you trying to install ESF into?

Are you behind a router or firewall?

Are all your drivers updated?

What in-game video mode are you using?

If you have an error message, what is the exact error message?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dan_esf_fanatic said:
If you were a little more specific, maybe. I think I know the problem, but I have to be sure so:

Are you using Steam?

Are you using version 1.2.3 of ESF?

Are you trying to run any ESF add-ons?

What game are you trying to install ESF into?

Are you behind a router or firewall?

Are all your drivers updated?

What in-game video mode are you using?

If you have an error message, what is the exact error message?
This is irelevant for this thread >.>

It only applys to problems like crashing and stuff like that. Invisible servers are normaly a router/firewall or LAN problem.

Best answers
Yer Grega is right. I'm currently with Zone Alarms...and Overlord helped me out configuring the settings of my firewall.He fixed it,so the problem might lie in your firewall.

- GuZzie

Discord Member
Best answers
Go in the console and type this: SV_LAN 0 (easy as pie :p)

Best answers
If you're using a Linksys switch:

Start -> Run -> iexplore 192.168.1.100 (I think... Haven't done this in a while) -> Type in your username and password (if you don't have one, you can find the information in your instruction manual).

Now, after this, you'll be able to find the options for forwarding your ports, or you can simply set your PC as the DMZ Host. Problem with DMZ Host is it's terribly insecure, leaving all of your ports exposed on the machine specified.

Best answers
Goku SS4 said:
Go in the console and type this: SV_LAN 0 (easy as pie :p)

Listen to him, that's the ticket!

Do this before any of your other solutions, but from my own experience, Zone Alarm (which I currently use on all of my computers) is picky with ICS (internet connection sharing) so if you are using that, the most efficient thing you can do is shut your fire wall off during game play, which is a horrible idea. if you are not using ICS, just make sure that you have allowed half-life executable, and steam executable full permissions, which ZA should see, but if not do it manually.

For the record i use ICS, at least at home, so, when I even play, I need to shut the firewall off on my game computer and on my internet computer, or i lag like hell, which happens bad enough with my dial-up ;/

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
=->Goku<-= said:
Listen to him, that's the ticket!

Do this before any of your other solutions, but from my own experience, Zone Alarm (which I currently use on all of my computers) is picky with ICS (internet connection sharing) so if you are using that, the most efficient thing you can do is shut your fire wall off during game play, which is a horrible idea. if you are not using ICS, just make sure that you have allowed half-life executable, and steam executable full permissions, which ZA should see, but if not do it manually.

For the record i use ICS, at least at home, so, when I even play, I need to shut the firewall off on my game computer and on my internet computer, or i lag like hell, which happens bad enough with my dial-up ;/
Yo people this thread died last month >.>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom