My first "real" attempt at making a sig.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is my first 'real' sig. By real I mean I used multiple layers and a cloud effect ^^. Anyway, here it is. It sucks I know, but crits are always welcome.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You have the general idea down.

Just keep experimenting with BG, render, and text effects

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, thanks, I'll do that. By the way, do you know how to move the render after I've pasted it into the sig? When I paste it, it always appears in the middle like this, and I want it to be to the far right.

*image removed by me*

EDIT: Never mind, I'm such an idiot xD. Anyway, here's how my second one came out. I actually like this one xD

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're using Photoshop, press V, that selects the Move Tool, which should also be at the very top right of your Tool menu.

Looks like an arrow with a crosshair on it's lower right.

Then just click-and-drag.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dan_esf_fanatic said:
Well, thanks, I'll do that. By the way, do you know how to move the render after I've pasted it into the sig? When I paste it, it always appears in the middle like this, and I want it to be to the far right.

Is the render on it's own layer? If so, then just move it with the "Move Tool" until it's where you want it.

Edit

Synth beat me to it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Never mind that I solved it xD. Just rate this one, plz. I'm thinking of putting it in my signature.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your current signature should be a medium for your goal.
-

As far as the one you just made, the BG needs more work, but it matches with the render so far.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I made it in a rush, so there's definitely room for improvement. Well thanks for the crit, you've made this a lot easier ;).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some advice from me. Watch out how you use the lens flare effect. It looks nice, but you don't want it to stand out too much from the rest of the sig. It should flow naturally.

When adding a border, make sure you go for a 1 px black border. It's pretty much the best border for virtually all sigs. You can use what color you like, but it's the same principle as using the lens flare. You don't want it to stand out in a bad way.

For text, I recommend adding a stroke to it to start out, until you learn some better ways.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I also recommend to cut out the renders out a little better, since I see these white edges around them.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jp said:
I also recommend to cut out the renders out a little better, since I see these white edges around them.
You don't have to be perfect when cutting out a render. By looking at my sig, I doubt you'd be able to guess that I did a horrible job of cutting the renders out (thanks to 2 months without making a sig...) if I hadn't told you. Why? because they're blended into the background almost perfectly.

Best answers
jp said:
Exactly.
One way to cut out a small faults like that is to
-right click picture of layer that has the render in it,
-then choose "Select Layer Transparency" and
-press shift+ctrl+i (Select inverse),
-go to Select->Modify->Expand->
-set a value like 1 pixel and click Ok.
-Now just use the eraser on the sides where you can see white lines around the render.

There might be a easier way, but thats how i clean small faults of the rendering.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jariroth said:
Exactly.
-Now just use the eraser on the sides where you can see white lines around the render.

There might be a easier way, but thats how i clean small faults of the rendering.
That's a clever way to clear a render... nice stuff. :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jariroth said:
Exactly.

Thanks so much Jariroth. This is going to make finding renders so much easier!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom