Any tips/tricks for newcommers?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hello there, i have played esf some times before, but i never really got good at it.
I would be happy if anyone could share some tips/tricks, especially for melee combat.

I often see myself getting knocked around the map with a Quadruple combo, but i have no clue how to do it.
I dont know if there already is a guide for such thing, i could not find any at least, but if there is i would appreciate if anyone could post a link.

Thank you for your time :D.

//ShaDe

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The most important thing is for you to learn how to manage your KI. If you run out of KI mid fight you are as good as dead.

http://gamers-desire.de/esf-12-manual

That site has a flash tutorial that can help show you various techniques you can use in the game to get you playing better. But remember that a lot of those techniques depend on you, your reaction speed and how well you can control your mouse.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Advanced melee is worthless and not worth your time.
Simple melee is where its at.
Like Grega said, you need to manage your ki. Unless you're about to get hit or bout to hit somebody, you should generally recharge a split second after every teleport.
You shouldn't fly straight at an opponent if you want to hit him. You need to find a way to hit him from the side or from behind.
If you want to get good, the only way to do so is to play against good people and die over and over. Accepting that is the first step to getting good.

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
You can always practice against bots until you get the hang of it.
The melee system takes quite a bit to master the combos.

I just knock them down and spam ki balls. And i like to teleport a lot.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can choose between being mostly an attacking kind of player (they usually get their asses kicked, because it's way harder to be faster than someone who runs), or a counter-attacking kind of player. If you want to attack, you work on speed and teleport attacks (use the combination: forward, teleport, forward(hold) for rapid attack), and need to "drop" when transporting yourself around an enemy to attack (press the toggle fly button).

For defensive, just do what phrack said. Teleport, charge, teleport, charge, and when your opponent runs out of ki or just goes "**** this ****, i'm going somewhere else", you kick them in the teeth.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I want to say thanks to everyone who have posted, it helped me a lot.
And grega that tutorial you gave me was really worth going through, thank you very much :D.

Although there is still a few fix im wondering about, should i use the ingame autoaim? and what should i set cam_idealist to?:)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cam_idealdist should be what you are comfortable with. I myself use 100, and the auto aim doesnt really do anything. Its a leftover from HL1 itself and serves no function in ESF.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
cam_idealdist should be what you are comfortable with. I myself use 100, and the auto aim doesnt really do anything. Its a leftover from HL1 itself and serves no function in ESF.
Oh alright, thanks :)
Would you be up for a fight sometime? would be awesome :)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Depends. Im from europe so i only play on euro servers.

But sure no problem XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom