ESF: Final Fact Sheet. So Far We Know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
(Please make this a sticky maybe some peeps will stop asking the same questions over and over)
Also please feel free to remind me of anything I forgot. I'll edit the first post and add every bit of info in it.

This is a list of info I have managed to spot here and there on the forums about the changes/additions in Final. I will not be qouting where I found all these as that would take too long. Mostly under suggestions and mostly out of Grega's posts in which he sometimes slips a few details about Final here and there :D and since info is scarce about Final I like to have it all under 1 roof and displayed for all to see.

Gameplay
So far:
- There will be NO story/single player mode in ESF: Final
- NO Custom Character Feature!
- There's a stamina bar
- HP is just over 7 times as big as it was in 1.2.3 (about 700HP in Final)
- Flying is now a continous function
- Melee system is greatly improved, faster, more complex and with tiered skill moves called a Bonus System. http://www.youtube.com/user/FFSkyrider#p/u/1/2wipyoYdawI
- KI Bonus System hasn't been revealed yet but rest assured something is being worked on behind the scenes
- Full functioning bots with different levels of difficulty and settings
- Transformations only add a Lump Sum to your Base PL instead of acting as a multiplier
- Damage done is now calculated by taking into account the attack used & how much it's charged, your PL, the opponents PL & how far away the opponet is from the center of explosion
- There is a sort of player and beam Lock-On feature
- Scouter is much more effective in displaying radar info. Removed player info display from scouter
- Previously displayed player info on Scouters is now displayed around the Lock-On.
- Radar and the bots kinda use the same way of pinpointing character locations
- Enhanced beam/ball redirectiong system when winning block struggles
- Throwing only pauses you enough to aim and release now
- There are a bunch of different head-on encounters in melee now
- There is some sort of Boost System in place for Block Struggles and Power Struggles http://www.youtube.com/user/FFSkyrider#p/u/20/_eX427QZxwo
- Beam Struggles no longer break your mouse but instead encourage you to play smarter with your available Ki by pumping your beam with more power.
- More than 1 player can participate in a Power Struggle
- Not entirely new but not known by many, beams can vaporize opponents if the beam is strong enough to kill them
- Not decided yet, but one of these systems will be in place for when you transform:
1.) The first transformation makes you invulnerable to everything, but cant be stopped. Every other transformation works like in ESF 1.2.3
2.) The first 2 seconds of the transformation you are vulnerable to everything and can cancel the transformation. And if you are hit with anything you are "knocked" out of the transformation. Even if that is only a Ki blast. After the 2 seconds are up, you can no longer cancel the transformation, but become immune to all attacks.
3.)It could be one of the 2 above systems or something totally new.

- More balanced beams (eg. Kamehameha is more powerful than a Generic Beam)
- There is a system which determines and differentiates between the different beam powers.
Grega: "We solved that issue by adding something to the system. And since revealing the workings of that smells like a news update i wont say anything further. "
- Duel Mode? Grega: "You should be surprised is all i will say. " http://forum.esforces.com/threads/78892-Duel-Mode
- ESF: Final gameplay speed comparison:
ESF 1.1 = rabbit
ESF 1.2 = snail
ESF Final = sports car

- There is a collision system between characters. Eg. Player A gets thrown into Player B, he will be sent flying away along with Player A. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrxNmFCmAro&feature=player_embedded

Characters Related
- NO Kaio-ken or Majin Vegeta (cos of balance issues with Goku, not sure why no Majin?)
- Transformations are unlocked by gaining PL in your highest form in order to advance to the next one (if you gain PL in base form without transforming you wont get to eg. SSJ3 faster)
- No Metal Freeza, Oozaru, Cooler and such. There will only be DBZ characters. No DBGT and no movie characters either. However you will see some maps which were never in DBZ.
- There is a buddy system in the game for characters with no transformations and works as follows:
Grega: "They have their own HP bars.
They are significantly smaller than the bars of the main cahracter or other chars.
And you dont switch to the next best buddy when you die. You switch to the buddy thats currently outside. Meaning if both of them get killed by a beam you die, but if only 1 gets killed you get switched to the other one.

Needless to say loosing your main character leavs you extremely voulnurable due to the buddy HP size"
- There will be no battle damage on players (because of HL 1 engine limitations)
- Taunt animations not just voices now http://www.youtube.com/user/FFSkyrider#p/u/7/Lj-6M7rZuW8
- Ginyu Body Chance Technique will work properly
- Max 32 player/bots on a map
- Animal AI will be in the game. Dont know what plans they have with it yet.
- Frosty breath is included on Ice or really cold maps, Dalte did it a while ago, i belive it disapears when the aura is on.

Game Engine/Graphics Related
- No destruction except for props like trees and such
- Decals for craters and ground marks/skids are being worked on (nothing guaranteed)
- Particle effects are also being worked on such as ocean spray, bubbles, etc.
- SFX are greatly improved along with the graphics, including water
- There is a dynamic day/night cycle system in place
- HL 1 engine has been hacked by ESF Team and therefore has been improved beyond belief in both visible enhancements and behind the scenes ones too. Too many new features to list but here's a few: Vertex Weights, Animation Blends, New map system http://www.youtube.com/user/FFSkyrider#p/u/9/4UBjqt0XJN0
- All beam explosions have particle effects now such as dust and rocks aside from their SFX. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUGGvzBky48
- Aura sizes can't be increased along with PL/transformations due to FX limitations
- Action/movement blur (Watch Burter when he jumps) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrxNmFCmAro&feature=player_embedded
- Bloom and Cell Shading options along with others not yet revealed.
- Water and light reflections
- Weather will only be a Map Effect. If the mapper doesn't add an effect to a map then that map will not change weather or even have day/night cycles at all.
- Map size will be so big that it will take players a minute to fly from one corner of the map to the other with turbo swoop. (Not decided yet)

Misc
- http://forum.esforces.com/threads/79075-PL-management-idea... I cant really describe this feature. Im not even sure if it will be ingame as Grega's last post mentions
- Steam+Half Life 1 are required for ESF:Final. By that I mean buy HL1 if you haven't got it yet because ESF:Final will not work with pirate versions of HL1 as the HL1 on Steam is up-to-date
- No Debug commands will be available in the game. Not to be confused with regular console commands.

Last but not least:
ESF:Final Will Be Released When It Is Finished
A.K.A. No Release Date

To be continued...

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Really good work collecting all that data. It is a bit hard to go through because of the way you just randomly listed everything. So instead of being called a fact sheet, it could be called Random Facts about ESF.

Also you could clean it up more, classify similar info together and what not. Still not quite ready to be Stickied though, in my opinion.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Really good work collecting all that data. It is a bit hard to go through because of the way you just randomly listed everything. So instead of being called a fact sheet, it could be called Random Facts about ESF.

Also you could clean it up more, classify similar info together and what not. Still not quite ready to be Stickied though, in my opinion.
^This

Good job but make it look moar sexy. At the moment it looks like a wall of text.

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers

It's work in progress lol I was doing this at 2-3 AM last night so I'm still working on it. Will be updated later on today guys :). I'm glad I can be of some use on the forums though :D

Later edit: Cleaned up a bit :). Later Im going to go further back through posts and try to find more stuff to add

Last edited:
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
When i was reading all of this i was like ^_^ until i read "no movie characters either" i was :(

Last edited:
Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
When i was reading all of this i was like ^_^ until i read "no movie characters either" i was :(
Yea i wish we'd get them too but it is not down to me :p. That is the team's decision.

PS: I've started packing for University now so over the next few days time will be scarce to go further back through posts and fill the list further but I'm still on it whenever I can.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats kinda ironic, since the "No movie or filler content" thing was with ESF since long before 1.2 was released.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Well i remember playing esf 1.2.3 for about 1 month and later i stopped play it and when i heard there was a ecx, i later downloaded and installed it. I played it much more longer then with esf i dont remember how much but i know much longer. The reason why i played ecx more longer then with esf123 because there was more characters and that says more fun. Thats why I was kinda upset reading that there will be no movie\filler characters in ESF:Final, but that doesn't say anything that i wil not play it, i will:)

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i remember playing esf 1.2.3 for about 1 month and later i stopped play it and when i heard there was a ecx, i later downloaded and installed it. I played it much more longer then with esf i dont remember how much but i know much longer. The reason why i played ecx more longer then with esf123 because there was more characters and that says more fun. Thats why I was kinda upset reading that there will be no movie\filler characters in ESF:Final, but that doesn't say anything that i wil not play it, i will:)
I played ESF because of the freedom it allowed while playing. Though i started because it was DBZ XD

Through the years i kinda got a liking for the balance in the game and not EVM, nor ECX can keep me happy for more than a couple of hours due to their heavy balance issues.

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
Can I get sticky status on this thread please? I think it's something that should be clearly displayed and I will update it as I gather more info. Maybe rename the title to Suggestions FAQ or something.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Sticky Request from me as well.

I was hoping we would get one of these. This may hopefully help get rid of some (note: I said some) of the copy posts we see in the help and suggestion sections.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Very good work. I know a lot of thing but other no, thanks.

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
You're welcome :). I have just updated it a bit more now. Still waiting on that sticky though :p. Someone? Anyone?

PS: If anybody doesn't understand 1 or more of the things I listed just PM me and I will try to make it clearer to you, although, keep in mind, I am not part of the ESF team so I will not be able to explain everything.

Last edited:
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
I swear to god I wanna go into cryostasis and wake up when this is done.

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
Lol ...wait...wake up when the list is done or when the game is? :fight:

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
The list...so I can read it again tease myself and freeze myself up again.

crazy love "ESF" player
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
1.1.2012 ? or 5 1 2012?

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Will ESF ever go into an Open Beta again? I'm pretty sure the whole community can detect bugs much faster than a small team so theoretically that should only be for the best?

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Unfortunately, lots of difference between Theory and Practicality. Open Beta closed the last time because a lot of people were vocal about how buggy the build was. Irony at its finest.

So in short, no plans for OB at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom