Hypethetically speaking of course.

Super Saiyan Yamcha
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If you went on the ESF website tomorrow and saw a news post saying 'RELEASE DATE COMFIRMED, DECEMBER 2011'
what would your reaction be?
Over exaggerated responses welcome ^_^

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I wouldn't be surprised at all.. Seeing I would have known about it.. *cough*.

Super Saiyan Yamcha
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
well all the people that would know about it get this scenario; you know the release date, THEN. you fall down some stairs and lose your memory and you can remember everything BUT the release date of ESF, then you go on to the site and RE-DISCOVER the release date.

Yeah, i planned this. ^_^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually wouldn't be surprised. The progress they show has shown major updates compared to how it looked in 1.2 and 1.3.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh stop lying. You are so out of the loop these past months that you wouldnt have a clue until you saw it.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"****! I gotta get it done by then?!"

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so you wouldnt be even a little bit excited?
I would be excited, just dunno if it would be like how it was when I first found ESF as a kid. I guess you can say I will be overjoyed to see this game because I have spent close to a decade watching it grow. Some here have been working on it and watching it for a Decade already. This game will be something we should celebrate. Mainly cause the developers stuck through when even the biggest games have died since this game started. When this game is finished, I think a whole new respect for Half-life will be drawn out. You look at this game and you look at HL2 games.... This game looks 10 times better then those on Source engine to me. Let alone, if they can do this with a game that is around 12 years old... You know they have skill. I am sure any gaming industry would be more then willing to hire them just by the simple look of how advanced this game is. I myself can not even see this possible. So, to fully answer your question... Yes I will be excited.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I think i'd be somewhat dissapointed. After the mod gets released the community will scatter and slowly wither away until ultimately the mod dies as well as the forums and all the fun times.

Quite a depressing thought actually

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All good things come to an end, i highly doubt i will stop visiting these forums tho. Its part of my routine and its the third bookmark in my browser :cool:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think i'd be somewhat dissapointed. After the mod gets released the community will scatter and slowly wither away until ultimately the mod dies as well as the forums and all the fun times.

It is indeed.... but I don't expect these forums to die completely... I know the staff will keep us updated on their life after ESF. Let alone.... The samething happened with Evossj4.... The forums may look dead but the inteam side is alive and well. There are too many people in this community for it to die. Let alone this is one of my Tabs on Google Chrome. Nothing will change that. I can't start my day without seeing JasonDanny saying something weird or Dam being blamed for something or hleV's greenity.... It just wouldn't be right...

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd realize I don't want ESF anymore.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We can always move on to the Indie Project they work on next. :x

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I'm not here for the game.

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Its all been forseen! The ESF release party will be at my house, all are invited!
It will be quite a spectacle. Fans chasing wild emus, Mastasurf gets totally wasted.
The republic of Dokuwaffle invades my kitchen and makes free waffles for all.
All the while Cucumba is sitting there watching this madness with a big smile on his face.
This is how I envisioned it.

Super Saiyan Yamcha
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I would be excited, just dunno if it would be like how it was when I first found ESF as a kid. I guess you can say I will be overjoyed to see this game because I have spent close to a decade watching it grow. Some here have been working on it and watching it for a Decade already. This game will be something we should celebrate. Mainly cause the developers stuck through when even the biggest games have died since this game started. When this game is finished, I think a whole new respect for Half-life will be drawn out. You look at this game and you look at HL2 games.... This game looks 10 times better then those on Source engine to me. Let alone, if they can do this with a game that is around 12 years old... You know they have skill. I am sure any gaming industry would be more then willing to hire them just by the simple look of how advanced this game is. I myself can not even see this possible. So, to fully answer your question... Yes I will be excited.

^^^this^^^

I think all the members will get together and there should be like a countdown and everything! and while people wait for it to release you guys can make us on the edge of our seats and show off somethings that we havent seen yet (and im sure there are)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys should have a week leading up to the release, where you're giving all kinds of updates and ****. Then, on the day of release, you have a countdown. Everyone is super excited and hanging out in the steam chatroom or IRC. Everyone is happy that at long last, 1.3 is about to be at their fingertips. The countdown reaches zero. People are confused. The game isn't out yet. Grega comes along and tells everyone they made a mistake, and the countdown was actually on some random timezone and ended before it was supposed to. Avenger calls bull**** because that doesn't make any sense. Grega assures everyone the game will be out in an hour. People are a little irked, but at least its still coming out. Happiness everywhere. An hour comes....and goes. No 1.3 in sight. The forum explodes. "Where is 1.3?!", they demand. It's at this point the dev team and mods go completely black, and there is no communication between the forum and anyone in the know.

Sky updates the ESF site with a download link, and the update is titled, "Gotcha!". Everyone is happy once more. They try the download link. It isn't working. It's taking us to a dead site. Oh, says Sky. There must be too many people downloading. We'll get right on that.

A day passes. Everyone is pissed and miserable because of all the non-effort and imaginary work they've put into the game. Grega comes along and says this time, for reals, they're releasing the game. If someone complains after this post, however, they'll delay the release until they feel everyone has learned their lesson. I immediately sign on and complain. Grega says we've left him with no choice. Meanwhile, everyone is trying to be buddy buddy with the devs over AIM/MSN/w/e. "Hey, man! The forum shouldn't pay because Zeo's an *******. Let's show him he can't stop us! Who's with me?!" random suck ups declare.

No on is with them.

Masta decides he's over this. He and the devs use 1.3 to get themselves jobs at various companies and agencies. He demands Sky delete the forum and shut down the site. Sky obeys.

Everyone is shocked. No one can believe this is happening. And then the site comes back. And there's an update from Grega. There's a picture of 1.3 Final, in all its glory. Beneath it is a picture of a man beating his meat. And below that is Grega telling everyone to go **** themselves.

And that, my friends, would be the greatest 2 days in ESF history.

Super Saiyan Yamcha
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You guys should have a week leading up to the release, where you're giving all kinds of updates and ****. Then, on the day of release, you have a countdown. Everyone is super excited and hanging out in the steam chatroom or IRC. Everyone is happy that at long last, 1.3 is about to be at their fingertips. The countdown reaches zero. People are confused. The game isn't out yet. Grega comes along and tells everyone they made a mistake, and the countdown was actually on some random timezone and ended before it was supposed to. Avenger calls bull**** because that doesn't make any sense. Grega assures everyone the game will be out in an hour. People are a little irked, but at least its still coming out. Happiness everywhere. An hour comes....and goes. No 1.3 in sight. The forum explodes. "Where is 1.3?!", they demand. It's at this point the dev team and mods go completely black, and there is no communication between the forum and anyone in the know.

Sky updates the ESF site with a download link, and the update is titled, "Gotcha!". Everyone is happy once more. They try the download link. It isn't working. It's taking us to a dead site. Oh, says Sky. There must be too many people downloading. We'll get right on that.

A day passes. Everyone is pissed and miserable because of all the non-effort and imaginary work they've put into the game. Grega comes along and says this time, for reals, they're releasing the game. If someone complains after this post, however, they'll delay the release until they feel everyone has learned their lesson. I immediately sign on and complain. Grega says we've left him with no choice. Meanwhile, everyone is trying to be buddy buddy with the devs over AIM/MSN/w/e. "Hey, man! The forum shouldn't pay because Zeo's an *******. Let's show him he can't stop us! Who's with me?!" random suck ups declare.

No on is with them.

Masta decides he's over this. He and the devs use 1.3 to get themselves jobs at various companies and agencies. He demands Sky delete the forum and shut down the site. Sky obeys.

Everyone is shocked. No one can believe this is happening. And then the site comes back. And there's an update from Grega. There's a picture of 1.3 Final, in all its glory. Beneath it is a picture of a man beating his meat. And below that is Grega telling everyone to go **** themselves.

And that, my friends, would be the greatest 2 days in ESF history.
that sounds like something that would come from a british comedy? lol

And all whilst this is happening im leaning back in my chair sippin on some space xxxx, because space VB tastes like piss!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that sounds like something that would come from a british comedy? lol

And all whilst this is happening im leaning back in my chair sippin on some space xxxx, because space VB tastes like piss!
You know what piss tastes like!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom