Is there a to do list?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
So, as it seems, nobody, except for the team, knows how this mod is being developed.

My question is simple - is there a fixed and final to do list of features that is being worked on?
- is there a to do list and stuff keeps popping up in addition to the list?
- you guys don't know tha **** you are doing and just making **** up on the way?

Of course non of these options might be true, so correct them as you please.

so what is that you are really doing?

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Because whatever the order of priority was, we'd whine about it. :p

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's pointless for everyone to see such a list in the first place.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Wouldnt it be easier than having everybody ask for "Y U No Tell When Mod Complete?" to instead just post a Sticky or some sort with a simplified to do list that has percentages next to it? Whenever something pops up just add it to the list there's no biggie. That way we can all see what features there will be in ESF as well I don't see why we need all this secrecy?
Eg. if you're really keen on keeping the secrecy about the features:

Sound 50%
Maps 30%
Coding 40%

Etc. Everytime something pops up just drawback the percentage but at least the community will know whats going on.

Last edited:
Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's mostly because it's difficult to give a value for progress.

Imagine you're writing an essay, are you 50% when you reach half your wordcount? Of course not, silly! You might add more than you expected, change sections or even remove them. The second half might take longer than the first, plans could get in the way etc.

In short, a percentage would mean very little. Things vary far too much, and development yo-yo's.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I suppose I get what you mean. It's not like they work an X amount of hours every week on the mod so the progress can not be approximated by just using percentages.... It was just an idea. I'd like to say that I really appreciate all the hard work and dedication put into this mod. It's truly beyond impressive everything they have achieved and this is just the beginning. When the mod comes out I think it's safe to say it will be rained upon with all kinds of awards nevermind the respect gained from all the modding communities, DBZ fans, etc. and also, talk about leaving your mark on the world hah

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i know this doesnt seem pratical, but how about a status report or a work log whenever htey just worked on something?

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I think that would be too tedious for the team and would mean a lot of unecessary work. After all...we don't want them to feel as if they have a job to develop this mod right? In my xperience documenting your work is the most annoying and time consuming thing. It actually makes progress slower...

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stats 186 open tasks, 355 total tasks. That's what we got atm ;-) and it can change several times a day.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Yeah I literally asked this question a while ago, since Natural Selection 2 has exactly what you're talking about. These were the responses I got:

"Get Satisfaction is a really terrible tool in my book. It's tracking functionality is questionable at best. NS2 had to do something like that though because ppl needed to see where their money was going. We're doing this for free in our spare time. Either way it's going to take us the same amount of time to finish."

"we do have something like that for the team. But it's not public - for a reason :-D"

"so that we can keep some secrets to ourselves."

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It's mostly because it's difficult to give a value for progress.

Imagine you're writing an essay, are you 50% when you reach half your wordcount? Of course not, silly! You might add more than you expected, change sections or even remove them. The second half might take longer than the first, plans could get in the way etc.

In short, a percentage would mean very little. Things vary far too much, and development yo-yo's.
What? I used to do that. No wonder i failed english...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom