ecx in esf final

Mii

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I heard that there wasnt going to be an ecx rc3 and rc2 will not work for esf final, so will you have ecx and big pack characters in esf final

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A good portion of the ECX team are now part of the ESF team. ESF will have the characters we have now, the androids and the Ginyu Force. No others are planned.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I heard that there wasnt going to be an ecx rc3 and rc2 will not work for esf final, so will you have ecx and big pack characters in esf final
ECX is dead. There will be no such thing for the final. Not unless someone wants to fiddle with the XMLs and our protection of the XMLs using AMXX. But thats highly unlikely.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
welll i hope so that there will be people who will do the same job as ecx did to put more characters cause in esf:f there wouldn't be no movies characters. oh come on...

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
welll i hope so that there will be people who will do the same job as ecx did to put more characters cause in esf:f there wouldn't be no movies characters. oh come on...
It's possible but very unlikely. Considering that the guys who found the work-around for ECX are now the ones putting in the protection, it'd be an incredibly difficult task.

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
No ECX for ESF : Final but there will be Custom Characters and you could be able to add your own... I hope. :D

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No ECX for ESF : Final but there will be Custom Characters and you could be able to add your own... I hope. :D
You nuts. In ECX you had to know programing to put a character ingame. With our XML tool its really nothing more than a few clicks and you have a character in game. We need a protection for the system so that it can not be abused. Not to mention so that people can actually play with one another instead of getting a file mismatch error with every server they join.

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
Well there is a thing for ECX, I don't know what it is.
You have ECX installed and you create a local server and play with bots and you play ECX or you can connect to an ECX Server and play it.
But if you have ECX installed and connect to a default 1.2.3 Server, ECX is disabled somehow and you play the default 1.2.3.

You guys should make something like that or make default servers and servers that support custom characters. xD

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
ESF: Final will easily be good enough with just the characters it has now. I'd prefer to have at least Broly in it, but ah well, at least we get amazing graphics and animations, and a finished product that several people worked VERY VERY extremely hard on for us xD I'd say that with what they're doing, ESF Final alone will be plenty enough as it is. There is wayy too much green in the maps though...

Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
ESF: Final will easily be good enough with just the characters it has now. I'd prefer to have at least Broly in it, but ah well, at least we get amazing graphics and animations, and a finished product that several people worked VERY VERY extremely hard on for us xD I'd say that with what they're doing, ESF Final alone will be plenty enough as it is. There is wayy too much green in the maps though...
Agreed!

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Well i can endure Brolly's loss but i can't endure Gotenks loss. But in the end, a deal is a deal.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well there is a thing for ECX, I don't know what it is.
You have ECX installed and you create a local server and play with bots and you play ECX or you can connect to an ECX Server and play it.
But if you have ECX installed and connect to a default 1.2.3 Server, ECX is disabled somehow and you play the default 1.2.3.

You guys should make something like that or make default servers and servers that support custom characters. xD

The thing you are talking about is AMXX. Since AMXX is a serverside tool it means that it only runs on the server. So if you make the game you are the server and hence AMXX is working. If you join another ECX game that server also has the ECX AMXX scripts working.

But if you join a standard 1.2 server that doesnt have the ECX AMXX scripts then you dont get to use them.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Why would you want some half-assed, janky addon in ESFF anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom