:( help please

Best answers
I cant seem to find any sections that go over the controls and how to play properly every time i join a game i get my but handed to me i really wanna play this game I'm a huge fan of DBZ. Please and ty in advance.

-Zelow

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not really hard, controls like any other game. Check out the controls in-game but going to Options, Controls / Keyboard, like that, examine them, just kinda figure it out...never really been a need for a tutorial as far as I can tel, except with the new one since it's much more complicated.

Best answers
but when they jump me they start comboing the crap outta me then i try to melee them and i only get a 3 hit combo off there has to be more to it then just looking at the in game options

Best answers
OMG this was sooo much help I'm so glad that you read my thread you will most likely be the soul reason i continue to play this game and maybe if funds permit support it as i said i am a HUGE dbz fan and i knew from when i first entered my first game this game looked sweet i just got a little frustrated not knowing what was going on. Again i thank you!!!

-Zelow

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You'r welcome.

And in case you missed what i said in the chat box, the version you are playing isn't the latest one. The Esf team is currently working on the Final version of Esf, whose progress you can see with the videos, pics and posts on the home page and here on the forums. The final, while having some similarities, will be worlds apart from 1.2.3, so my advise would be to play the current one for fun now, and then when Final is released, yearn to master it.

Currently no one apart from the devs know when it will be released, but when it will, it will be one heck of a day.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Keep in mind, Zelow, that this game tends to have a VERY high learning curve. As in don't be surprised if there's fights where you don't get a single hit in.

Best answers
Talking about high learning curves...

This is one of those games which really needs a solid tutorial or a way to practice how to play before going into an online match. The controls seem to work only when they want to (namely teleportation, which never seems to work no matter how much I mash that G key or how much ki I have) and special moves are too hazardous to use because you're knocked out of the charge animation in 2 seconds.

I've played a few online matches now (getting totally smashed in every one) and one thing is glaringly obvious. New players are doomed. If it's not skill level its power level which leaves you eating dust. Joining a server mid-way means you're the weakest of the bunch, and every blow scored on you deals crushing damage to your meagre HP.

This game looks to be really enjoyable once you get around the steep learning curve of the game, but its an in incredibly tough game for new players and really needs to be more accessible without dumbing it down.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats where Esf Final comes in Neo.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats where Esf Final comes in Neo.
Not really. While we do have some things in to try and help new people. Itll still be a match of skill. The players who have the timing down, who know how to use the systems of the game will still anihilate new players.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True, but it will be more accessible right? And power level will matter less then in 1.2.3 since its added instead of multiplied, right?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Powerlevel doesnt really matter that much in 1.2

Its all about speed and reaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom