Standalone game

Best answers
The way this mod is looking it really should be released as a standalone game, that way i think it would attract more players if it were available on Steam; i know i'd pay for it ;).

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since it's a Dragon Ball game, it's not really possible without certain perimissions AFAIK.

Best answers
Since it's a Dragon Ball game, it's not really possible without certain perimissions AFAIK.
Oh yeah i didn't think about that...dang, would it be possible to obtain permission easily? or would it cost too much?

Last edited:
Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh yeah i didn't think about that...dang, would it be possible to obtain permission easily? or would it cost too much?
It's likely to be more trouble than it's worth or expensive. Being a mod for a cheap game isn't too bad!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well a few hundred thousand dollars should cover the licence ^^

Best answers
It's likely to be more trouble than it's worth or expensive. Being a mod for a cheap game isn't too bad!
Yeah it's not too bad but there's no profit for the devs which is a shame because this game looks like there was a lot of work put into it and it still wont attract as many players as a game that is advertised on the Steam store, (unless mods do get advertised as Coming Soon/New Release?) also games that are on sale sell pretty well; i'm just saying it would be good to attract as many players as possible because i really would like there to be an active community.

That being said it probably is, as you said, more trouble than it's worth so i guess a mod isn't too bad but what is the best way to get the word out about the mod?

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The team will probably start developing Indie games after esf is done. So we can expect to see some more awesome stuff then.... and even pay for it.

Best answers
why are u freaks so crazy about wanting to pay for it?????

they are making it for free so be happy god darn it!!!!

cant you accept that a great game dont need payment??O:eek:

Best answers

I'm more concerned with how many players the game can attract and i think it would if it had a fee because then it would be advertised on Steam more and could go on sale which would attract more players; not only would it increase the playerbase but also bring profit to the developers although due to copyright i don't see that happening.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Imagine doing you job without getting any salary, would you still keep doing it? Now imagine your salary getting doubled, wouldn't you work harder and better then?

Same thing applies here.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm more concerned with how many players the game can attract and i think it would if it had a fee because then it would be advertised on Steam more and could go on sale which would attract more players; not only would it increase the playerbase but also bring profit to the developers although due to copyright i don't see that happening.
Back in the days, ESF had a huge fan base. Many of these players have since moved on, onto other games, because at that time, the mod's development advanced slowly. Many of these players might return though, and with some very good PR, it shouldn't be too hard to get a lot of new people playing this game as well.

Best answers
man..............they gonna return when this game is done!!!!!!!!!!1 i am active on this here since 2004...........that makes 7 years!!!!!!

the pics are awesome but nothing comes..........do you think i sit around everyday:
omg maybe today it comes or maybe today i know the release date.........omg new post hell yeah!!!!!!

the guys are sick of giving attention.......pics are getting cooler and cooler and we dont even know a release date.....when this here is done someday then the guys are gonna come back by themself!

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Started playing ESF 6 years ago and i still play it. Old school players defenetly gonna come back and play it :yes:

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's when people appreciate the job devs have done.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

The fact that they spent their own money to keep a website up, the time spent making this game and pretty much turning a game inside out and turning it into a completely different game. Truly I dunno if you would really call this the Goldsource anymore. But people just wish to give thanks. I mean I would donate to the fact that they actually do talk to the community and accept suggestions unlike many games out there. I would pay these guys money before I would any big gaming business.

Best answers
dont get me wrong! i appreciate it a lot!

for stuff like this there is paypal.........i got no problem to spent some money and if we all do that they wont have any problem running server and website and stuff.....

but like they said here before they would have to buy licence and sell it like other companys do....sure it would be the best dragonball game out but still........

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The mod will always be free, and i am thankful for that.

But the Devs can expect Moolas from me in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom