ESF Open Beta Final

Best answers
So,here we go. On the ESF website we can find the : Open Beta Final!
Is that what we can see on the videos?
Cuz its aint look like on the videos, or its just still the open beta 1.3?:D
And after i downloaded the game and installed it, steam aint wanted to ,,accept" it.
,,non-steam mod or shortcut" . Well, to avoid all of the ,,helps" like : get a steam,get a half life or visit the help steam-install page : i've already done. Have a steam,have a halflife, and visited this page (i hatto tell that the steam has been updated)

So,if its not the game that is on the videos,then what is it? :) (But looks good ofc)

- guys, u are doin a great job, really. God bless you! -

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The Open Beta Final is exactly what it says it is. Its the last Open Beta that we released. You could call it the Final Open Beta. But its not the version from the videos. That is newer.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Open Beta 1.3 was the latest release for ESF. It was however not as stable as planned so you wont find alot of games for it.
ESF 1.2.3 is the most solid version and also the most played.
It is however a release from a few years back and wont have all the great features in as you can currently see in the video's

You are spot on. It will be out when its out

Best answers
Hm... then it aint seem it will be released soon.
So, maybe in a year? i dont wanna straight date, just approx (year,half..etc)

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Over 9000 hours!
Check the forums, you will see alot of topics with the answer.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Hm... then it aint seem it will be released soon.
So, maybe in a year? i dont wanna straight date, just approx (year,half..etc)
If it takes more than a year, I'm going to kill the rest of the dev team. "Karrde Plan B" :p

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
If it takes more than a year, I'm going to kill the rest of the dev team. "Karrde Plan B" :p
Can I join in? I have a bow and some throwing knives I've been itching to try out on somebody.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Best answers
Okay,i checked. and yes,i found answers like has no sense.
Why dont u say sg? Like i said, i dont mean a straight release date,of course not. U have life,job etc. but why cant u say : few montsh probably or lil more.. or sg like that? And maybe u aint get more questions about the release date.

Your faithfully

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
No, it's a worldwide murder spree ending with me making DT into a folding chair and relaxing on the beaches of Hawaii when the police finally catch up to me.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Karrde, i'll just pm Phil and make him agree on suppressing this rebellion (by blending everyone into emu food)

๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
@petyaaa6, just look at the guys that are making Black Mesa Source. They tried giving their mod a release date, saying that it will be done in 2009 and they didn't make it. Ever since then they kept trying to calm the fans down saying that the game is out if beta testing and that they're just polishing it now.
I'm just saying. If the ESF team gave their mod a release date, even an estimate and they wouldn't make it, that would make a lot of people spam threads on the forum about how the mod is dead. So, I think it's better off this way.

๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
You can't set up a date for something that is not even near-released yet. Even if they gave us a date, they wouldn't probably make it and all those members will moan/whine unless the team will say 2015 then they probably will get mad.

Wannabe Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
You can't set up a date for something that is not even near-released yet. Even if they gave us a date, they wouldn't probably make it and all those members will moan/whine unless the team will say 2015 then they probably will get mad.
Let's be honest, they have stated before, the main combat etc systems are done, they are fine tuning and still making models/effects/maps and such.

EDIT: It's the things like Animations/Models/Maps/Effects that is taking up most of the time currently.

Project Manager
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
We do have a roadmap with percentages etc. in our private task tracker setup, thing is this bar changes constantly. Let's say we got 150 tasks in there and the bar is on 80% or something, then if we were to finish these 150 tasks it would be at 100% but on the way there ppl might find bugs or decide that we should implements this or that and add a task in there so the bar might go back to 70% due to that plus since we don't work a fixed hours a day and since we don't to specific time estimates on every tasks we can't possibly guess ourselves long long it would take us, obviously we do guess sometimes but we've been wrong before many times.

Best answers
Well, then they need more time,i guess. :)
But you should understand (the makers) that why this question ask rapidly. We aint have a great game on PC, emulatin ps2 it could be lil bit hard (if u have a great cpu it aint). And we watched the videos... and :,,oh my god! Is this really going to be on my pc?:O WAOO! i want it right now!" :)) im sure that u know what im talkin about.

So,yea,i understand why u dont want set an approximatley date neither.
Good luck for makin it, be as fast as possible.. ;) :D

Wannabe Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Until then, you can buy HL1 and play ESF 1.2.3 in the meantime :)
Which is even more fun with the ECX and big pack addon :p

But boring trying to get SS3 goku as the bots dont level with you as much...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom