Long time player Longer time N00b

Best answers
Hello ESF forums, I've been a very long time player of ESF, Although I thought awhile, ago since saying Final, the team on ESF packed up shop and left. I've Been playing I think 1.0 ESF on Lan games for almost 2 years now I think, and been playing it maybe even beyond that, Just by chance I stumbled on this website and found out they are still going on. I've got few questions to throw out there I've used search and nothing seems to come up, is this new 1.3 ESF based off the older ESF or is it a new format ?
And is those videos the true Look ? or is it in a higher Poly count system?
And last but not least is this Still Half-life 1 because its looking alot like half life 2 and I doesn't see any things saying HL2 Modification ??

Force Pit Member
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
1.2.3 is the current playable version right now. Still plenty of people playing 1.2.3. I suggest you play 1.2.3 as it will help you on Esf Final when it releases. Also yes, the new look for Esf Final in the videos is what it will look like in the end or better and it's all still on the HL 1 engine.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hello ESF forums, I've been a very long time player of ESF, Although I thought awhile, ago since saying Final, the team on ESF packed up shop and left. I've Been playing I think 1.0 ESF on Lan games for almost 2 years now I think, and been playing it maybe even beyond that, Just by chance I stumbled on this website and found out they are still going on. I've got few questions to throw out there I've used search and nothing seems to come up, is this new 1.3 ESF based off the older ESF or is it a new format ?
And is those videos the true Look ? or is it in a higher Poly count system?
And last but not least is this Still Half-life 1 because its looking alot like half life 2 and I doesn't see any things saying HL2 Modification ??
ESF 1.2 is an upgrade of ESF 1.1 which is a bug fix of ESF 1.0

ESF: Final is a rework of nearly all aspects of game play in one way or another. Its like the jump from ESF Alpha 2.0 to ESF Beta 1.0

You said you have been playing it for 2 years now which makes me curious why you are using ESF 1.0 That was released 8 years ago, with ESF 1.1 being released 7 years ago and ESF 1.2 released 6 years ago.

In any case we upped the character model poly count up to 5k or so from the 1.2 versions 1.5k The maps are no longer Half Life format, but something we made our selves using stuff like VBOs and other. You an check the news updates on www.moddb.com to find out more on that.

Short, Half Life 1 maps had a limit round 2k brushes on screen at one time, which means that was close to what ESFs maps were. The new format we have is model based and can go up to 80k polygons with little to no FPS loss. Offcourse we also used a third party physics engine in order to make that work. Map size has drastically been increased as well. But as before it is still the Half Life 1 engine.

Best answers
Yeah I think I've had version 1.0 on a CD I burnt ages ago me and some lan buddies just play. I mean says I joined in 2003 the forums, I guess I just thought ESF was over and I stayed with 1.0 for ages but I now got the new patch and jeez they have SSj2 now hahah, oh my, I've been lagging behind, not to worry How long has 1.3 been in Works ? is it 1.3 ? or 1.4 I thought 1.3 was the one with the advanced Melee so I think I was really on the Alpha 1.0 because one I played only had that swoop punch method.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I think I've had version 1.0 on a CD I burnt ages ago me and some lan buddies just play. I mean says I joined in 2003 the forums, I guess I just thought ESF was over and I stayed with 1.0 for ages but I now got the new patch and jeez they have SSj2 now hahah, oh my, I've been lagging behind, not to worry How long has 1.3 been in Works ? is it 1.3 ? or 1.4 I thought 1.3 was the one with the advanced Melee so I think I was really on the Alpha 1.0 because one I played only had that swoop punch method.
That was beta 1.0 and beta 1.1, Alpha versions had no swoop at all.

The advanced melee version is 1.2.

The next version will essentially be 1.3, but we will be calling it ESF: Final

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom