All Photoshop artists click here!

Force Pit Member
Best answers
My sister wants a 22" by 8" 'poster' I guess you could call it that says "My Life Be Like" (i guess it's a song?) in a graffiti like text. I would do it myself, but I haven't worked with photoshop for so long I forgot how to do pretty much everything. Anyone who takes on this task is kick ass.

Also, if possible, she likes purple and yellow. Not sure if that would work or not though.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To bad I'm a Gimp artist.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Lol, I can only use MSPaint at this point >_>.

That sig is pretty plain, but probably enough lol.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you want to make a good print, you do know that the resolution has to be at least 300dpi, preferably higher. Right? Plus the background is really distorted, looks like somebody used a near-fish eye lens to take the picture.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The letters should be a bit transparent so you can notice that it is writen upon bricks.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Throwing some blending on the font might work even better, since the texture of the background would be visible in the text. I'd take a try myself, but it's dark outside. So I can't really take my DSLR to take a picture of a brick wall right now. And Google only shows me ****ty, distorted and low quality brick images.

** EDIT **

Here's something I made in 15 minutes. Obviously, it isn't what Brosiris wants, I didn't have the proper fonts nor the time to blend everything properly (as you can see in the second image, in the middle, the brick wall doesn't blend well, hurray for non-evenly-lit photo's). But it might help someone else to create something. I used a brick wall texture from Google which I duplicated (though the bricks are far too small for such a print, they'd need to be like...4 times the size of these bricks), transformed and stitched together quickly (The actual file is 600dpi, though you'd probably want to go even higher than that). The text, I used a lens correction on, so I could give it a slight distorted look to make it look more handmade.

Ideally, you would probably want to cut those letters up and hand place them, slightly apart from eachother and at a slight angle (so it looks less like a static font). I then put the text layer on the Overlay blending mode, so you can see the brick texture through it, duplicated it three times so the opacity is correct. Downside is though, that the text's color is oversaturated, so that would have to be fixed. Other tips could be to give the text a texture of itself as well, so it looks more like paint, and add a slight bevel, so it's not stuck directly on the wall.

So, who of the SOTW guys wants to try their hands on actually creating something properly?

Last edited:
The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't mind trying. But I must find some nice fonts first.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.dafont.com/ Has a lot of great fonts as well.

Let me warn you in advance though, if you ever happen to find yourself going professional and use most of these fonts (including the ones Origin posted) for commercial work, you will have to pay license fees. Many of these fonts are free to use for own work, but will require you to buy them if you wish to use them for commercial work. Just in case.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks Sicron and Origin.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
Wow, really nice. I should get back into doing this sort of thing. If only I could find the time.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Sicron's work looks great, all it needs is a little burn tool on the font layer, on the parts where the bricks are supposed to be darker underneath. And since we are talking about graffiti, it should be very colorful, meaning almost full opacity imo, using something like distortions and texture to blend it, rather then opacity. Just my 2 cents anyway, gonna try to whip up something this weekend if I can find the time!

http://www.dafont.com/ Has a lot of great fonts as well.

Let me warn you in advance though, if you ever happen to find yourself going professional and use most of these fonts (including the ones Origin posted) for commercial work, you will have to pay license fees. Many of these fonts are free to use for own work, but will require you to buy them if you wish to use them for commercial work. Just in case.
It's always tricky, cause sometimes even the fonts claimed to be free to use for commercial work have already been "stolen" from the original owner. Dunno if anybody read this, but it's a funny story, anti-piracy organisation pirating a font XD:
http://fontfeed.com/archives/french-anti-piracy-organisation-uses-pirated-font-in-ownlogo/

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
how do you use multi sigs :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom