SOTW IX

Who do you vote for?

• madman121: [IMG]http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/9518/mhecouldbebetter.jpg[/IMG

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Viper: [IMG]http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u157/Vip3rX/PCgraphics/BatmanSig.png[/IMG

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Snowman: [IMG]http://forum.esforces.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1204&d=1283366104[/url][/IMG

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Demonoid: [IMG]http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/8361/sotw9z.png[/IMG]

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do we also have to use the baby?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
No, that's just the logo of the renderer, I left it there so no one would mistake me for the source of the render :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
$20 says someone is going to make a sig based around the baby.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
for some reason my border wont appere ot must be a bug in my cs5

Attachments

Last edited:
The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm working on something already, but the cartoon drawing allways messes my ideas.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Working on mine as well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cartoon drawings are harder than usual? Hmm.. never thought of that.
What's so hard about making a sig with cartoon drawing?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Some effects don't fit right, that all.
Exactly, a brushed cartoon drawing needs some effects that are a lot less flashy and a lot "flatter" to make it look like it fits the render

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
... a brushed cartoon drawing needs some effects that are a lot less flashy and a lot "flatter" to make it look like it fits the render
Exactly :)

Almost done here.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I tought that it would look better if I kept it simple.

Attachments

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saying that using comic style stocks is harder for signatures because some effects don't fit, is a pretty much 'bull****' argument. Some effects won't fit with 3d renders either, some effects won't fit with realistic stocks either. You need to expand your creativity and find effects that DO work with whatever style render you are currently using. When something doesn't 'fit', you find something else (through the means of, for example, a tutorial). When you are saying "It's harder, because some effects don't fit", you are actually saying "All the effects I know of, don't work with this signature" ---> that doesn't mean the render is harder to use in a signature, that means a new learning opportunity has shown up for you. You should take advantage of that, to learn new stuff.

Don't fall in a vicious circle where you keep trying to apply the same effects for every stock and render, but force yourself to explore, experiment and learn from new opportunities such as these.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saying that using comic style stocks is harder for signatures because some effects don't fit, is a pretty much 'bull****' argument. Some effects won't fit with 3d renders either, some effects won't fit with realistic stocks either. You need to expand your creativity and find effects that DO work with whatever style render you are currently using. When something doesn't 'fit', you find something else (through the means of, for example, a tutorial). When you are saying "It's harder, because some effects don't fit", you are actually saying "All the effects I know of, don't work with this signature" ---> that doesn't mean the render is harder to use in a signature, that means a new learning opportunity has shown up for you. You should take advantage of that, to learn new stuff.

Don't fall in a vicious circle where you keep trying to apply the same effects for every stock and render, but force yourself to explore, experiment and learn from new opportunities such as these.
I could not agree more with you. And when I said "some effects don't fit right" , I definatelly ment "all the effects I'm used to gamble with are not working here". Besides I was not complaining. The fact that it was a challenge made me want to explore the software and my ideas in a way that I never did. So.., about what I said..!? It wasn't a "bull****" argument at all.

PS: btw show us what you can do please :) , you know...so we can all be inspired by new stuff.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I could not agree more with you. And when I said "some effects don't fit right" , I definatelly ment "all the effects I'm used to gamble with are not working here". Besides I was not complaining. The fact that it was a challenge made me want to explore the software and my ideas in a way that I never did. So.., about what I said..!? It wasn't a "bull****" argument at all.

PS: btw show us what you can do please :) , you know...so we can all be inspired by new stuff.
I do agree with the argument, but the point was still valid, although the formulation might have been off point. What we both meant is that the kind of effects you have to use on a cartoon stock need a higher degree of skill and knowledge, because there are a lot less effects that fit this kind of stock, and they certainly can not be placed randomly for a nice outcome, whereas on a 3d or real life stock you can use a lot of beginner techniques and sometimes even random positioning that kinda looks good without much effort <--- hence, easier to work with those stocks.

But your point is absolutely valid nevertheless, one should never stop improving and letting their creativity roam, in this kind of "work" there is no finish line, you just keep improving and broadening your horizon. Complacency is the ENEMY! XD

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Comic Characters seem hard to me. Something just didn't feel right. Though I do like how it turned out.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wish you guys would post cels instead of renders. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom