Bot models in ECX RC2

Best answers
Hello, I have installed the server configuration but when I add bots to the game I host they all use the 1.2.3 models.
Somebody mentioned I could change the 9 defaults to the ECX/Big Pack ones but failed on actually telling us how, so here I am asking for help.
Thanks in advance :)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All you have to do is edit the bot code and basically make your own version of the bots. That or replace one of the default 9 character models with your custom models. You are still limited to the 9 characters, and even if they look different they are still the default characters.

The bots were coded specially for ESF. They have no code that handles stuff like ECX characters and attack since they were not made for it. They will allso never transform past SSJ cause thats not possible in ESF 1.2.3, so unless you code your own bot you can not add ECX characters as bots. You can change their looks and have Goku look like broll. But his attacks will still be those of Goku.

Best answers
All you have to do is edit the bot code and basically make your own version of the bots. That or replace one of the default 9 character models with your custom models. You are still limited to the 9 characters, and even if they look different they are still the default characters.

The bots were coded specially for ESF. They have no code that handles stuff like ECX characters and attack since they were not made for it. They will allso never transform past SSJ cause thats not possible in ESF 1.2.3, so unless you code your own bot you can not add ECX characters as bots. You can change their looks and have Goku look like broll. But his attacks will still be those of Goku.
Thanks Greg, that cleared up a few things for me.
Would you be able to give me a walkthrough on how to replace the default models with the ECX ones? Doesn't matter if they don't go past SSJ they look good :p
Here i'll list the replacements for them
9 Regular bots into...
Goku --> Goku regular from ECX
Krillin --> ECX Krillen
Gohan --> Adult ECX Gohan *Blue Gi*
Vegeta ---> Buu Saga Vegeta
Buu ---> ECX Buu *Idk if the models are different*
Cell ---> ECX Cell *Again same as above*
Trunks ---> ECX Sword Trunks
Piccolo ---> ECX Piccolo
Frieza ---> ECX Frieza
Again if this is too much it's fine I just want to know how to replace the models and where the 9 originals are

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Copy the ECX models to the normal player model folder, each model has its own folder.

Then rename example SSJ3Goku into SSJgoku in that esf folder.

The bot will then transform into ECX model SSJ3 and skip other transformations, ofcourse its not real just the model.

Same thing with other models, change their name etc. (I just gave an example, all models works like this)

I can be very vague sometimes, and I think that this is one of those times -_-

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The ECX characters have ecx in front of their name in the directories. The ones without ecx in front of their name are the ones the bots use.

If you are not sure what file to copy you can download half life model viewer and see at what the .mdl files look like. Then just make a copy of the file you want, paste it into the specific characters directory, remove the old one and rename the copy to be the same as the foulder name.

So for example you have ecxgoku and you want to replace the default ESF goku model so the bots use the ECX model.

First you go to esf/models/ecxgoku and copy the ecxgoku.mdl file
Then you go to esf/models/goku and paste.
You should now have 2 MDL files in the directory one being goku.mdl and the other beeing ecxgoku.mdl
Then you either delete goku.mdl or if you ever want to switch it back to the default rename it to something like goku-backup.mdl
And finally rename ecxgoku.mdl to goku.mdl

Now that you have switched the model files the bots will use the new model instead of the old one. Just make sure you copy the ecxgoku.mdl file and not move it. As it needs to stay in its own directory for ECX to load it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom