Forum Mods & Changes - Issue #1

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
In the last couple of days, I've somewhat 'enhanced' the forums in a few ways. Some are noticeable, others aren't. In this post, I'll share the changes I've done so you will know about the changes, and new features. It's really up to you if you wish to care or not :). I'm calling this Issue #1 as more will follow up later in the future... Is issue even the right word to use?... Regardless, here goes:

- Custom Themes Removals
- (temp?) new ESF Banner
- User/Pass Icons & New Mini-Profile in Header.
- Internet Explorer 6 Warning
- Video's in your Profile
- Enhanced User Overview
- Mini-Steam Profile in Posts.
- TeamSpeak 3 Mini-Profile

------

Custom Themes Removals
As some of you already have noticed, I've removed all the themes except for the default one for now. I'm sorry for doing this, but it makes my job a lot easier. The more changes I make to the forum template, the more work it will be for me to adjust all the changes to the rest of the themes. I might add a black theme for those who rather have that, but I think I'll stick it with that for now.

(temp?) new ESF Banner
As some of you may have noticed, the top Xmas banner has been replaced with a new (temp) replacement thanks to madman for doing the quick work. I'd love to install random banners at page refresh once there is a plugin for it!

User/Pass Icons & New Mini-Profile in Header.
These changes are something you may not have noticed at all. First, I've added a username & password icon at the login box at the top right. I personally found it a bit weird the 2 boxes had no relative login user/pass information on them.

Here is what it was first:

This is what it is now:

While only 2 icon's has been added, it makes the mini-login box at the top right (for non-logged in people) a lot better.

Futher more, I've also changed the mini-profile for logged in people. This is what it used to be by default:

Which, I've changed to:

Internet Explorer 6 Warning
To keep it short, Internet Explorer 6 users will get a message either to upgrade to IE7/8 or to move to FireFox due to obvious reasons.

Video's in your Profile
When you edit your profile and scroll down you should see a "YouTube Video URL" box at the bottom. You have the ability to add a video URL (YouTube for example) which will show in your profile, as example below:

While this feature is not perfectly done (location wise), it's at least neat you can add your own video to your profile.

Enhanced User Overview
You now have the ability to click on a username within posts to get a more enhanced overview, with example below:

Normally when you click on a username within a post, you only get the ability to watch his/hers profile, private message and to read the users posts. This enhancement gives you so much more now. And of course, the moderation part you see (Manage User) is only meant for the moderation team! :p.

Mini-Steam Profile in Posts.
When you edit your Forum Settings and scroll down to the end of the page. You can enter your SteamID or Community profile ID to show up a mini-profile in each post made on the forums. Want to see an example? Check this post (top right). Empty box? Refresh the page. If you click in the end of the mini-profile, you are able to extend the menu to add a steam friend, join the game or view his / her TF2 Items.

TeamSpeak 3 Mini-Profile
For those who are interested, you can see how many people are in the TeamSpeak 3 Server and join it as well if you have TeamSpeak 3 installed:

Click the image above to increase its size

You can grab TeamSpeak 3 at:
http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

And hlev, I've fixed the code tag issue for you. It should work fine now. These are the updates I've done recently to the forums, if anything changes within the next few days then I'll be sure to edit / add it within this thread. enjoy everyone!

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd take a black theme over any possible enhancements any day of the week.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Triple x was having problems seeing the chatbox in all the diffrent browsers

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd take a black theme over any possible enhancements any day of the week.
Indeed. I've already told Sky. I think he's eventually going to add the black theme back for the people who prefer not to be raped in the eyes.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I PMed you the updated banner, Sky. Check it out when you wake up or are in class.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Niiiice. Just found the Steam Mod not too long ago looking through the forum.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I'll see what I can do for you guys regarding the black theme. Since the black theme that was installed previously was quite similar to the default vb4 theme, it should be quite easy to adjust the changes to this theme on to the others.

Triple x was having problems seeing the chatbox in all the diffrent browsers
Is he still having the issues?

I've also added a new feature to the thread "TeamSpeak 3 Mini-Profile" for those who are interested :).

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still have all sorts of issues with vb4, and I refuse to switch browsers...
Any news on fixes or stuff?

Edit: Worst thing right now is that every subforum style is broken. Other things work somewhat.

Last edited:
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I still have all sorts of issues with vb4, and I refuse to switch browsers...
Any news on fixes or stuff?

Edit: Worst thing right now is that every subforum style is broken. Other things work somewhat.
Browser issues is something I cannot solve and is totally up to vBulletin. There will be an update soon which might fix the issue as I've seen quite a few opera issues being fixed in the vBulletin 4 bug tracker. But if you refuse to switch browsers for now then I'm afraid you are stuck with the issues until it's resolved.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see my name in the TS screenshot! :O

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I see my name in the TS screenshot! :O
Obviously as I created the screenshot within the last hour ^_^.

I'll be re-installing this Black Theme:

That should keep you people happy :).

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I like it look nice:yes:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's not a black theme... That's a white page with a black bar at the top.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I mean... it will be back. My bad ^_^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The purpose of the black theme is: black background. The white and bright background of the current theme (and the black theme you posted) is very annoying for our eyes, especially in the night. Black background with white or grey text on top of it is much easier to look at. Maybe you can try changing some of the CSS.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"I've chosen a black background for most of my text because it's easier on the eyes than staring at a white screen. Think about it: your monitor is not a piece of paper, no matter how hard you try to make it one. Staring at a white background while you read is like staring at a light bulb (don't believe me? Try turning off the lights next time you use a word processor). Would you stare at a light bulb for hours at a time? Not if you want to keep your vision."

Sums it up nicely for me. Taken from Maddox's site

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
The reason why I'm keeping things as simple as possible is to decrease the work I have to do per theme/style. I'll see if I can get a darker style for you guys for anyone who wishes to have it, but I prefer keeping it with 2 styles for now.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like I said, 4 times now already I think. The old vBulletin boards had a CSS editor if I remember correctly. Can't you just duplicate this theme, and change the stylesheets a bit to make blue black and white a very dark grey. Problem solved.

EDIT:

Actually, I just changed the CSS a bit:

Couldn't be arsed to find the class that changes the font colour, but at least it is a lot nicer too look at than the the standard white color.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom