Interested in this game

Best answers
I am a huge DBZ fan. Well used to be at least, and still am in my heart.

Anyway I am interested in this game and if it is actually something thats good (which it seems so) I may get into it.

Just wondering if there is anyone interested in explaining the game to me a bit, and if I get into it, training me up.

I am thinking about waiting until 1.3 is out though what do ya think? xD

Cheers guys!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well this is a hard game to master. New people tend to get killed a lot with the pros mostly acting like asses. If you are from america its a bit better over there then in europe but youll still need to get quite a few skills to master the game.

Basic mechanics are quite simple as far as movement and combat goes. Shooting beams is straight forward. Just select them like any old half life weapon then charge and shoot by using primary fire. The E button is your best friend in the game as you have to master KI management or you are a sitting duck.

Movement is totally 3D with no lockons that would make you fall into a 2D style like in Tenkaichi games. You are free to look in any direction at any time. Gameplay can be preety hectic especially in an all out Free For All server though people tend to just play 1 on 1s which is kinda a bummer if you ask me. There are quite a few exploits that people can use but server admins tend to put those as against the rules.

There are 2 types of melee in 1.2 one of which simple involves holding a button and flying onto someone to knock them away, and the other thats a bit more complex and a lot less usefull as it opens you to a counter attack even if it looks a tad better than simply knocking someone away.

Characters are preety balanced with the exeption of Buu and Piccolo, Buu beeing overpowered as skilled use of him can mean infinite HP and Piccolo is preety terrible stats whise and his transformation doesnt help much.

Each character has 1 transformation in 1.2 and some transformations unlock new attacks. But before you can transform you need to reach a certain Power Level which you can do by fighting people. Once the power level needed is reached transforming is as simple as pressing a button. There are 2 types of transformations. Permanent and temporary. Permanent transformations are on characters like Buu, Cell and Krillin where once you transform you can not revert to your base form. Temporary transformations are on characters such as Frieza, Goku, Gohan and these transformations allow you to turn back to your base form. Aditionally you respown in your base form and if you loose all your KI trasnformed a temporary transformation will drop you out of transformed state.

All in all the game gives you quite a big freedom of movement and fast paced gameplay. And as long as you dont misstake it for a fighter you wont be dissapointed. People who think ESF is a fighter game get dissapointed when they realise that its actually an action game with totally different mechanics than fighters.

As for waiting for 1.3 or not. Thats your call. ESF Final will be a totally different game compared to ESF 1.2 Its movement mechanics will be similar but overall gameplay will be a lot different. So weather you wait for it or just play 1.2 is your own call. There are a couple of videos of ESF 1.2 round where you can see gameplay though you should know that the actuall experience of playing it is different than watching a video. Where a video may seem slow it may be really hectic and tough to follow in the game itself.

Hope i answered atleast a few questions you might have had. And if you have more feel free to ask. (as long as you aint asking when the next version is donne XD)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At this point, I'd just wait until the next version is released.

1.2.3 can still be good fun, but there aren't many people playing anymore and it's kind of hard to get into.

Here's what the gameplay looks like from the point of view of new players
[video=youtube;cHyOfqxIrYY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHyOfqxIrYY[/video]

And from people playing for years
[video=youtube;8Vc0IRNLhDs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vc0IRNLhDs&fmt=18[/video]

Last edited:

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ahh that last video brings up great memories.

If I were you I'd just download the current version till the new one is out, that way you can be amazed by the progress the team made ;)

Best answers
Yeah,the entire team has made a lot of progress over the time,im not following this project since the beggining as others but im following for a 2 years,and the progress is outstanding.As for the game itself,its pretty hard to play,(i invited some friends to my house to play it and all of them says "holy sh.. this game is a piece of crap",beacuse they get his asses kicked on very weak difficulty lol).So yes its a hard to master and hard to learn game,but once you get used to the fast gameplay you will enjoy it a lot.

Best answers
I love fast gameplay! I love games that require you to master the game, as that makes tactics soooo much fun! Is this game very tactical? (I dont mean like an RTS...I mean in live fighting, do you have to use your head a lot, or just rely on reflexes?).

Btw Grega your answer was very thorough and detailed and answered lots of my questions. Thanks for the effort :D And sub, thanks for the videos. I have started playing 1.2.3 alone just to see what it is like and the gameplay mechanics seem like they have a lot of potential.

I would really love a sensei who is patient enough to teach me. I learn a lot better like than than from reading guides. I am from England and at the moment I have quite a lot of free time in the evenings so let me know if you are interested ^^

Thanks again to all who replied and I am still not sure whether to wait for 1.3, but I'll see if anyone is up for teaching me 1.2.3.

P.S. if you are up for teaching me, send me a private message as I will get that faster ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom