Has anyone been playing since 1.1??

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
Remember that old system, and how everyone hated LSM (last second melee)? If anyone lost, they'd always say "You lamer used teh LSM'z!"and it'd be skilled players that could hit you 2-3 times in a row. The only hope a noob had was beam spam or charging up a spirit bomb to 100% and then mostly missing horribly.

And then they announced 1.2, which some of us then tuned in to the radio show for the interview, frantic for the release.... And then it came out, and it was quite fun indeed. And now, they look to be taking a much larger step than 1.1 to 1.2 ... I wonder how the melee works now.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LSM ^^;

It was called HOWing. Head On Whoring XD

And it was the only chance the noobs had agaisnt the pros :p

Oh yea im a 1.0 player (though i only played 1.0 against bots)

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since Alpha 2.0 here. :O

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Indeed, Alpha 2.0, though I only test now :p

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I played since 1.0, a few months ago I started playing 1.2 again but life demands too much time of me.
I'll wait till 1.3 is finished.

I can remember some topics about that LMS or HOWing (?), but I rarely played online, only played against bots.
But I had a good reason for that, since we only had a 56K modem for the internet.

Now I have another good reason for not playing online a lot - its called marriage! :fight: (though my wife doesn't mind me playing games at all)

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Alpha 2.0 is when I started.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.1 was my first version, it came with a PC magazine of some sort. I never played online though.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.0 for me.

Started with bots and eventually started playing online regularly. Though, it's been a couple of years since I last played online.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Started Alpha 2.0 here, played the crap about of Beta 1.0, loved Beta 1.1, 'hated' Beta 1.2...and wondering what 1.3 has in store for us.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I started in 1.0.

LSM ^^;

It was called HOWing. Head On Whoring XD

And it was the only chance the noobs had agaisnt the pros :p

Oh yea im a 1.0 player (though i only played 1.0 against bots)
It was also called LSM. LSM = Last Second Melee, basically swooping at someone at the last possible second so you always had more ki and thus would always win head ons.

I wonder how the melee works now.
  • Simple melee is still in, although now you hold left click instead of right click to do a simple melee hit
  • Advanced melee from 1.2 is gone
  • Every time you deal damage to someone, you get points. These points fill up a bar, and when you get enough points, you can do a cool special move in place of a regular simple melee hit
  • There are three melee specials for each character
  • Flying into someone with right click held down does combo melee. Combo melee doesn't deal much damage, but it gets you a lot more bonus points then a regular simple melee hit. Plus, it looks super cool
  • If you fly into someone with left and right click held down, depending on how fast you were moving, you can either throw them, or grab onto them, start flying with them, and then release them so that they'll go flying into the ground.

I think that's about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom