Broly Gamemode = Go

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
My very good friend Spunky has made a Broly Plugin. It's basically a new gamemode which pits everyone in the server against one player, Broly. If Broly dies, whoever kills him becomes the new Broly. If Broly gets 10 kills in a row, he automatically transforms.

Model and sounds were made by GG / Kama, who have been nice enough to allow us to use them.

We got a server up and running for this, although I still have to hook it up with a fast dl

208.100.36.21:27015 Broly Gamemode - Broly vs all [Chicago, USA]

Thoughts?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, it's for 1.2.3
EDIT2: Also, thanks goes to Raven and Hlev for helping out with some technical details

Last edited:
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
methinks this'd be awesome for an official gamemode in 1.3...

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
methinks this'd be awesome for an official gamemode in 1.3...
Methinks you should stop adding tasks ;P Actually though, since there's already this script for it, it shouldn't take much to fix it up for 1.3. Unless amxx needs to specifically add 1.3 support, which I'd imagine they would if they did for 1.2.3.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like a great idea. Like he juggernaut mode in Halo, but a bit cooler.

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Methinks you should stop adding tasks ;P Actually though, since there's already this script for it, it shouldn't take much to fix it up for 1.3. Unless amxx needs to specifically add 1.3 support, which I'd imagine they would if they did for 1.2.3.
I have no idea if AMXX will be compatible with 1.3, but I'm leaning towards it not being compatible judging from previous posts by Green and Raven.

Anyway, I'd imagine that this isn't as feature complete as an official gamemode would be. For instance, as Broly, your beams aren't green and your aura doesn't turn yellow until you transform.

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
Ahm is it for 1.2.3 ??
Share it with the rest!

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, yeah I forgot to mention, it's for 1.2.3

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not 100% ready yet. I'm working out some kinks, then Sub will release it.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I have no idea if AMXX will be compatible with 1.3, but I'm leaning towards it not being compatible judging from previous posts by Green and Raven.
It will be harder to do AMXX scripts that involve characters. Stuff like admin pluggins shouldnt be a problem ^^

NOT IN THE MANGAβ„’
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Aura color shouldn't be a problem (for me at least), but I couldn't find a way to change beams' color. I guess another sprite must be used.

And how come can this be in ESF 1.3 if it doesn't contain movie characters?

BTW that server needs Fast DL. >.<

Last edited:
Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, when I think on it, it'd be easy enough to add this game mode after release. We'd just need to find ppl to make the settings for it in the editor if the devs didn't want to. It'd prolly just take a few lines of code to add the game mode and determine who in the server is Brolly.

NOT IN THE MANGAβ„’
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Took 10 minutes to download stuff.

EDIT: I removed the stuff I have written before. The mod needs work, that's all I can say.

Last edited:

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Hehe yeah, fast dl isn't set up yet and some kinks are still being worked out, hence it not being released for download yet.

edit: The basic gameplay of one guy vs all is really what excited me. The Broly thing is just a theme, I'm not really too stressed out about replacing every attack with a broly sound

Last edited:
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
What sets 'broly' apart from the rest of the server?

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
What sets 'broly' apart from the rest of the server?
mainly his pl, which starts off at 1.750 mill and his insane 250-300 health (couldnt remember which)

and if you get 10 kills in a row you go ssj.

edit: and as postscript, when you get over 4 people in a server, the game becomes a madhouse. it's fun as ****, especially for us old pro's.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Also nice job on the addon Spunky. I'll play later tonight if people are in the server.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You should be able to use the player id and weapon id of the Broly player and hook his beam and sound fx to different files easily enough. If you iron out all these aesthetic kinks, it makes whole concept that much cooler because then its only a small matter for people to make the juggernaut player to be any character - fully fleshed. This makes an awesome use of custom servers and custom characters.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
This actually is a pretty cool game mode, I like the mechanics of it how you get so many kills to ascend. Maybe we can take this a step further some how... how..? I dont know yet XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom