I'm loving the Graphics update, but...

Best answers
How is performance at the moment with the updated shaders? HL1 never looked so good, so I'm curious as to how you're doing it. What kind of systems are you running to get the graphics to that level at a consistent frame rate?

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Right nopw nothing is consistent. The shaders and all that have to be fully implemented first then we can talk about consistency after the cleanup ^^

For now sometimes my FPS is round 40, other times round 60 and other times full 99. It changes from build to build.

Oh and aside from your GFX card your computer is better than mine ^^

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimization is generally the last thing done in video game development. With that being said, I manage to get good fps with my machine, but my machine is fairly good (geforce 8800, 3 gigs of ram, intel 6600 processor).

Only problem I can really say is that at the moment, if your graphics drivers aren't up to date, you're probably going to run into quite a few problems with the game. No idea if that even can be addressed, but if not, that right there is going to be 9 billion threads worth of complaints.

As for anything technical, I dunno. *Looks at the coders*

๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Yea, I'm the only peasant here with a cheap PC with a 7600GS, AMD Athlon X64 2,8GHz and 1GB ram DDR2 800Mhz. I rely hope this economic crisis won't last much longer so I can buy a decent PC -_-

Best answers
Whoops, I need to adjust my signature as now I've got an i7 920, 6 GB of DDR3 2000mhz, and a ATI 5870. I was more concerned with an older computer (a Pentium 4 2.0ghz with an ATI HD 2400 and 512mb of memory).

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
And we're not idiots when it comes to settings, either. We'll have different quality settings, and the ability to turn various graphical enhancements on, off, and adjust quality.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
with fps speed.. like any game you can control your video settings. So play with that, and also optimization is KEY to making ESF run smoothly. We have had a few maps than ran HORRIBLE ingame, BUT! with a few moments of opting it, we went from 20 to 60fps.. its amazing.

so, like they said, opting is a big priority. And we plan to make as many computers run esf as possible since its such.. an amazing game.. O_O.....

seriously... I play it everyda.. lol.

๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
with fps speed.. like any game you can control your video settings. So play with that, and also optimization is KEY to making ESF run smoothly. We have had a few maps than ran HORRIBLE ingame, BUT! with a few moments of opting it, we went from 20 to 60fps.. its amazing.

so, like they said, opting is a big priority. And we plan to make as many computers run esf as possible since its such.. an amazing game.. O_O.....

seriously... I play it everyda.. lol.
A good question is will the end result need more or less resources then HL2?

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
ummm... I dont play hl2 any more.. so. We'll have to see.

Project Manager
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
It's very bad:( HL1 modification with such high PC requirements.
only bad for those with 5year old machines... and we're not gonna ruin the fun for ppl these days by providing uber ugly graphics just because some ppl are to lazy to get a job to afford an upgrade. All the time you're lurking in the forums could be used to work for a new GPU u know ;-)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
only bad for those with 5year old machines... and we're not gonna ruin the fun for ppl these days by providing uber ugly graphics just because some ppl are to lazy to get a job to afford an upgrade. All the time you're lurking in the forums could be used to work for a new GPU u know ;-)
Well, I wait for the official ESF:Final requiremnts, can you say?

Project Manager
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I wait for the official ESF:Final requiremnts, can you say?
I could tell u the current inteam requirements, but they are no good to you as we are far from having our optimitation done on everything. We will release the requirements as soon as we think they will be an accurat representation.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I could tell u the current inteam requirements, but they are no good to you as we are far from having our optimitation done on everything. We will release the requirements as soon as we think they will be an accurat representation.
Hmm, my machine run HL2 games with high(max) sets, but if the ESF will require even higher...damn

ANBU
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I would get a job if i had time to spare. College makes that impossible. :(
But no worries, i'll find a way. ^_^

Last edited:
Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
And again, there's a reason for quality settings :p

๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Putting some products on a shelf and getting 185 ย€ a month isn't bad at all and I've thought of doing it but in the summer vacation when I have enough time.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Putting some products on a shelf and getting 185 ย€ a month isn't bad at all and I've thought of doing it but in the summer vacation when I have enough time.
... ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom