Just a Question About Characters

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hey ESF peoples =),

I never post here but I've been following this game for a long time. I've gotta say that no Dragon Ball Z mod or game out there comes anywhere close to the gameplay you guys have going. So thank you for all your hard work over the past years, and I'm sure there are a lot more people than you guys know of who appreciate it!
That said, the one negative I had about ESF was it's lack of characters. ECX did a wonderful thing by giving people a character creator, and I was just wondering if there were any plans for something like that in ESF 1.3?
I apologize if I'm not allowed to ask questions like this.

-Steve

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, so here's the deal.
  • Next version of ESF will have 17 playable characters, up 8 from the 9 that were in 1.2.3.
  • In terms of mods like ECX, amxx mods like that probably won't be possible due to how the engine has changed. Plus the creators of that mod are now actually on the ESF team. But...
  • You can now add custom character models in without replacing characters. For example, in 1.2.3, if someone made a Tien model that replaced Gohan, you'd have to replace Gohan with Tien in order to put him ingame. In the next version of ESF, you can add that model in without replacing the Gohan model. If someone else has that same Tien model and chooses to play with it, you'll see his model as Tien.
  • Default playable characters are Goku, Vegeta, Buu, Trunks, Piccolo, Krillin, Frieza, Gohan, Cell, Andriod 16, Android 17, Android 18, Cpt. Ginyu, Guldo, Burter, Recoome, Jeice.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ah, I see. Being able to replace characters without removing the originals should be good enough for me :)
Thanks for the quick response, Sub.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just a note while the androids and Ginyu force are playable they are so by using the buddy system.

Meaning instead of transforming you get a buddy to help you and you can switch places with that buddy. The default selection characters are Ginyu and A18. The others are buddies that you can swap to once you have enough PL to call them. To replace their lack of transformations.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ehh.. not really replacing.. more like creating your own characters... pretty cool feature actually.. Im just curious as to how crazy its going to get when we release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom