ESF Release is coming near?

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
I doubt it, meaning I doubt it's coming out relatively soon, not the team.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
There are still bugs, are you sure you didn't have any filters on? ESF still has a long way to go before being finished.

NOT IN THE MANGAβ„’
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The team disabled Mantis page for normal users.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The team disabled Mantis page for normal users.
That's what I get for never logging out :p. The rest of what I said is true though.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea seeing as the open beta was a faliure we had no more use of showing bugs to the public.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The public viewing of the bug tracking has been around even before 1.3OB was released. Still, they don't want us to see anything anymore, it's a conspiracy!

That and seriously; stop trying to figure out when the team will release 1.3. They will post it on the main site long before they will release it. There is no point in starting threads like "Look guys, I found some random post/screen/site/what-have-you, could they be releasing the game soon?!?!?!? Pretty, pretty please?"

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
It'll be done when it's done. On the plus side, it's looking better every day.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The public viewing of the bug tracking has been around even before 1.3OB was released. Still, they don't want us to see anything anymore, it's a conspiracy!

That and seriously; stop trying to figure out when the team will release 1.3. They will post it on the main site long before they will release it. There is no point in starting threads like "Look guys, I found some random post/screen/site/what-have-you, could they be releasing the game soon?!?!?!? Pretty, pretty please?"

1st of all, I don't like babies.
Now, now, I never tried to figgure out. It's just that everyone is tellin' me it's going to be release, and I noticed that the mantis is cleared of bugs (now I know it isn't.).
So you better STFU!! Baby Spreader!

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Ima step out and say STOP to that argument right there >.<

Now we removed the public mantis cause some people were getting sneak peaks at certain features before we posted them not to mention screenshots.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't worry. Once you realize when ESF is coming and releasing itself upon you, you will have a warm, gooey feeling inside :D.

Well. At least on the outside.

Best answers
Yea seeing as the open beta was a faliure we had no more use of showing bugs to the public.
Now that there are relatively less bugs that open beta...why dontcha guys release an open beta 2 :idea:?? Well...we promise not to let it go to failure..even if we see "Goku firing candy rays out of Piccollo's arms" that'd be considered a piece of art...and we'll dispose the word "bug" too if u want us..:smile:

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do you think theres less bugs than the Open Beta?

There little point in releasing Open Beta Final and then Open Beta Final 2, besides getting a free turn at playing the inteam.
=/

ESF Old Timer
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Dont think you can compare the open beta with the real thing.

I mean look the open beta and then compare it with the vids they have released.
So many new stuff has been added. I see that the open beta is just a teaser and not knowing what will come after untill they released the vids.

Seeing new stuff is great but who say it isnt bug free yet??
I think only the team knows that.
Untill then just sit back and relax.
And dont wait for it because it will only take longer.

As for releasing this year well not sure but its ok with me if it is release date is somewhere in 2010.
I prefer a good release instead of a buggy release :p

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Now that there are relatively less bugs that open beta...why dontcha guys release an open beta 2 :idea:?? Well...we promise not to let it go to failure..even if we see "Goku firing candy rays out of Piccollo's arms" that'd be considered a piece of art...and we'll dispose the word "bug" too if u want us..:smile:
We could release an open beta. But you are badly misstaken if you believe it has less bugs.

Youd be falling through terrain, crashing all the time and your FPS would hardly ever get over 50 unless you have a really good computer.

Even so do you have any idea why the open beta was a faliure?

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
Yarr, I don't think so.

ESF 1.3 was leaked by "I forgot who" and people started finding out and to prevent confusion and world war 3 the team decided to release an Open Beta rather than letting their dear fans turn to the "I forgot who" people who leaked the the inteam, at that time.

Kinda, like that?

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Half correct.

there were talks about the open beta before the leak. The leak was just the final push.

But yea Boogyman got it. Ofcourse instead of actually reporting bugs 90% of the people played the open beta and complained cause it was buggy.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
People didn't really get the point of the OPEN Beta, because they have been used to talking about Beta 1.2.3. They were expecting the same quality of the previous releases, just not all features. While the actualy point of the Open Beta was to publicaly Beta test the game.

Instead, like Grega said, people complained about the game being buggy (which was the entire point of the Open Beta). And stopped playing rather than finding as many bugs as you can and reporting them. Which sort of defeated the entire purpose of having an Open Beta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom