ESF Sneak Peek

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
now wasnt that pretty :D
well if you watched the video... ESF seems a bit to Sci-Fi lol xD
i mean those new charges at the weapons...
and the flying... and the melee.. xD
all was nice
but one thing ruined it all... THE TEXTURE AT THE DEATHBALL was horrible... xD
its should be more red... and not like ahm... magma and stones inside ... the stones outside flying we're good but you seriously got to change the texture / skin at that one ;)

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Errrr the game is still a WIP meaning that the textures arent even a priority

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Why don't you people ever use all the effects in one video or screenshot?
Oh and I just couldn't help of noticing the cloud effect you added. It's cool and all but in real life cloud effect is almost nonexistent. I mean, clouds do pass in front of the sun and cast shadows but the shadow is one big dark area that you can barely notice moving. Not loads of shadows on the ground that move at ridiculous speeds for a cloud shadow. And the characters are a bit to small for the huge size of the sidewalks and streets don't you think? The building entrances and windows are good sized from the looks of it, but the size of the streets look like 2 or 3 cars would fit on one side of the road and the height of the sidewalk from the street is like having to climb a stair :|

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh and I just couldn't help of noticing the cloud effect you added. It's cool and all but in real life cloud effect is almost nonexistent. I mean, clouds do pass in front of the sun and cast shadows but the shadow is one big dark area that you can barely notice moving. Not loads of shadows on the ground that move at ridiculous speeds for a cloud shadow. And the characters are a bit to small for the huge size of the sidewalks and streets don't you think? The building entrances and windows are good sized from the looks of it, but the size of the streets look like 2 or 3 cars would fit on one side of the road and the height of the sidewalk from the street is like having to climb a stair :|
man this game is based in anime!

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
man this game is based in anime!
In the anime, the streets and sidewalks weren't that big compared to the people and the cloud shadows on the ground, even though they moved fast, they weren't that many. In the video the cloud effect on the ground is like the shadows should be under water.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For some reason those are enabled on that map and I didnt want them to be. I don't like the cloud shadows at all.

textures of lightning deathball etc and the rocks are all wip...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not like you'll go all "Oh my god, WAY to big side walks. ESF = Fail" on it. If you think you can do better, edit the map after the game is released. And all your problems will be solved.

Best answers
I once went to the countries...if u have a wide open area u can see multiple cloud shadows...they exist in reality....

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I once went to the countries...if u have a wide open area u can see multiple cloud shadows...they exist in reality....
I know they exist... But in the video, as I said before, they are to small, to many and move to fast.

Best answers
I know they exist... But in the video, as I said before, they are to small, to many and move to fast.
Ya that is kinda unnecessary...that'll fall hard on the GPU while that effect dynamism can be put into other vital effects...

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What don't ppl get about WIP? First we get a piece of tech/effect to work correctly, then we make it pretty. What's the point of making something pretty if it doesn't work right and the effect needs to be altered?

Ya that is kinda unnecessary...that'll fall hard on the GPU while that effect dynamism can be put into other vital effects...
And your data for that is? It doesn't impact the FPS in a noticeable way. As far as I'm aware, cloud shadows take almost no GPU to pull off. And if it did, there's console commands/options to turn it off.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, it hardly touches fps :S cant even notice a 1 fps difference between turning it on and off.

Best answers
Cool then that's better...but we are maybe considering medium or high end GPUs...the other older ones with lesser specs might hav trouble...and yo..I never kinda said that the effect shud be altered...I said if the dynamism can be altered...meaning giving it a bit lesser importance...both by the players and modders...Actually I never tried with the effect on...lol...just guessed that'd be hard to render...

Last edited:
Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Our coders DO know what they are doing.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
of course they do they has the best of both esf coders and former ecx coders now working as one

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I thought it was a pretty damn sweet looking video, all the new effects look really good. This is professional quality work coming from people who give up their time for free. I can't wait to play it. :fight:

Best answers
Our coders DO know what they are doing.
Oh yeah they do...:smile:....Ask me....u take things wayyy too seriously...It's not like I said.. "Hey your coders are mad.." and then again..if they ARE...they should hope so..or else the mod would probably not work..:p ...that was a bit Piratey....

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the video was awesome, I loved the death ball, who said it had to be red?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom