original esf

Best answers
r there any links for the hlv1 esf? i don't have hl2 yet and it might be awhile but id remember playin the old vs back in the day and i was wanting to play it again

Best answers
i have downloaded those and they don't work and from what i could tell those 2 files r for the half life source mod not the 3.5 or 5.0 from the original hl

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
ESF 1.2.3 -> Half-Life 1 mod.
ESF 1.3 Open Beta -> Half-Life 1 mod.
Upcoming ESF 1.3 Full -> Half-Life 1 mod.

No HL2 and no HL:S.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have downloaded those and they don't work and from what i could tell those 2 files r for the half life source mod not the 3.5 or 5.0 from the original hl
ESF will never EVER move to Half Life Source.

However you do need STEAM in order to have Half Life 1 updated enough to be able to run ESF.

Best answers
i have steam but after i dl the game i try to install and it won't let me install, i get all the way to folder selection and it won't let me go any further

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After downloading HL via Steam, you need to run HL at least once to the main menu before the ESF installer will work properly

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea Run Half Life, play the tutorial level or something like that for a minute or 2 then you should be able to install.

Since when you run the game some extra files get unpacked and ESF needs those files to install.

Best answers
Yea Run Half Life, play the tutorial level or something like that for a minute or 2 then you should be able to install.

Since when you run the game some extra files get unpacked and ESF needs those files to install.
kk ill try that thnx

Best answers
Are you hacking steam? 'couse I'm kind of sure you are.
lol why in the world would i want to hack steam ive had steam since it first came out way back when. i have no reason to hack it. i didn't like it when it first came out like a lot of people but it grew on my and im fine with it now.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol why in the world would i want to hack steam ive had steam since it first came out way back when. i have no reason to hack it. i didn't like it when it first came out like a lot of people but it grew on my and im fine with it now.
there is an edit button lol no need to double post

Best answers
2 different topics :)

k i played hl for a little bit and i got the beta vs to install but there's no exec file to launch esf?

gonna try for the v1.2.3 now see if that will work

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well if a mod merges your post and then warns ya for multi posting your fault

Best answers
ya just saw the no double post rule lol so i probably won't do it again haha

and while i was typing this it looks like i finally got it workin :) thanx for all the help to those who helped me :)

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well if a mod merges your post and then warns ya for multi posting your fault
Thanks, but I think we've got the whole "moderating" thing down pat. Double-posting is not a major issue, but we do, actively, discourage it.

...fortunately for you, rogue modding is in the same category.

Best answers
wow i totally think esf ecx rc2 is better then the big pack 8.4 [dunno if any else came out]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom