Im a noob, yet to download the mod...so whut do I do?

Best answers
Obviously I know how to download the mod, I'm just at a friend's house at the moment

So what I wanted to know was;

> How does this game play?
> Are the Specifications the same as those for the original Half Life?
> Upon entering the game, what do I do first?
> Do I need Half Life: Source or Half Life?

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but like I said; I'm just a n00b :smile:

Thanks to anyone who can halp

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Regular Half-Life 1.

Best answers
Try version 1.2.3 (as opposed to the 1.3 open beta). The beta is buggy and incomplete. The following is for 1.2.3:

The game plays unlike any other mod. The controls are simple for the most part, but take getting used to. You'll have to mess around.

As far as I know, the specs are the same. I'm sure they'll be higher when the latest version comes out, but that won't be for a while.

Upon entering the game, I would recommend starting your own LAN server on any map, and begin learning the controls. Once you know how to fly, swoop, shoot beams, etc., try adding a bot at a low difficulty. Mess around with the melee and beam struggles with your opponent. There is no single player; you'll have to either play with bots, join an online server, or play on a LAN with others.

The game is not for Half-Life: Source. You need regular Half-Life 1 on steam.

Best answers
Try version 1.2.3 (as opposed to the 1.3 open beta). The beta is buggy and incomplete. The following is for 1.2.3:

The game plays unlike any other mod. The controls are simple for the most part, but take getting used to. You'll have to mess around.

As far as I know, the specs are the same. I'm sure they'll be higher when the latest version comes out, but that won't be for a while.

Upon entering the game, I would recommend starting your own LAN server on any map, and begin learning the controls. Once you know how to fly, swoop, shoot beams, etc., try adding a bot at a low difficulty. Mess around with the melee and beam struggles with your opponent. There is no single player; you'll have to either play with bots, join an online server, or play on a LAN with others.

The game is not for Half-Life: Source. You need regular Half-Life 1 on steam.
Thanks, dood ^_^

One question; how do I spawn a bot?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure it's the = key, actually.

If that doesn't work, just open up console and type add bot. If you want a tutorial on how to play, you could give this a shot

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydXOrtcKP6M[/ame]

Best answers
Im new also and All thsi information is very helpfull, thank you as well! : )

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks for the tutorial, dood. I think I got it...well, as much of it I can get until I play the game. Thanks for your support everyone
This video was made long ago. It shows a bit of gameplay and was recorded on a full FFA server. May be a bit chaotic but it shows preety much all of the gameplay.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5haZY5Mgrc[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom