ESF mod INSIDE Half Life

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
How would I go about putting all the characters or just one character inside of Half Life to say play as Vegeta and go through the single player story of Half Life? And to have all the attacks and being able to power up and such.. Not just changing my player model. Any help will be much appreciated!! I saw that picture of the day where vegeta was killing headcrab scientists and I'm trying to figure out how it was done.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
photoshop? nahh I think you can replace some files to get it to work but I don't know what those files are.. I've tried..

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe John Volkov posted a video kinda like that a good while ago. I'm not sure what he did though.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
No I dont think you can use the ESF gameplay on half life single player. That is because they are two different games. for this to work the esf team need to mess with stuff in hl 1 single player and it might work, but I don't think the simple people can do that. On MP you can play in each other's maps but it won't change the gameplay.

For example you can play esf cell games on half life MP if you put in the half life directory the right map files(textures, sounds etc...)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actualy you can.

Sort of ^^

You have to copy the HL single player maps into ESFs map directory. Then you have to call up those maps using the console ^^

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Actualy you can.

Sort of ^^

You have to copy the HL single player maps into ESFs map directory. Then you have to call up those maps using the console ^^
Really?!?! But wait.. what about all the models of the things inside that map, like the enemies and weapons there holding, the music and scripted events? Wouldn't those have to be copied or something?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah but that's the thing, say I load up a SP map where there are enemies and such in it, if I where to copy some certain files over wouldn't they appear where they should be? As long as I have the necessary files of course

Best answers
I admit it would be pretty cool to kamehameha some zombies. But that would pretty much require the full gameplay coding from both games in one to function correctly, I think.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This might be doable with AMXX, but I'm not sure. Would require knowledge of how to AMXX Script though.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Half-Life auto-adds custom models in game. Just put your model like this:
models/player/yourcustommodel/yourcustommodel.mdl

Note that the only one who can see the model is you, unless other players have the same model name in the same directory.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
realy you guys liked my movie i might do an 1.3 half-esf :D

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Half-Life auto-adds custom models in game. Just put your model like this:
models/player/yourcustommodel/yourcustommodel.mdl

Note that the only one who can see the model is you, unless other players have the same model name in the same directory.
That only applies to custom player models that replace existing characters.

Anything extra like trees, vehicles, or if someone made an AMX script to load Half-Life NPCs, would all have to be downloaded by the client before joining the server. So they would be seen by anyone playing in that server.

Yeah but that's the thing, say I load up a SP map where there are enemies and such in it, if I where to copy some certain files over wouldn't they appear where they should be? As long as I have the necessary files of course
Nope, the enemies wouldnt show up as they would in single player Half-Life, because you would still be playing ESF, only on a different map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom