I bought Half life for this!

Best answers
xD, Gotta love it, not very much ECX users though, i'd like to test some of it's content =/

The Brain Freezer
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
me to. It was worth it.

Best answers
Only thing is I wish that more people would play with the ECX, more interesting things to explore rather then just 1 transformation and no fusion, all that sorta thing. But beggers can't be choosers :p

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I bought Half-life 4 times to play this.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Only thing is I wish that more people would play with the ECX, more interesting things to explore rather then just 1 transformation and no fusion, all that sorta thing. But beggers can't be choosers :p
Well people liek the originall more than a modded one XD

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
ECX becomes unplayable when you dive too deep into mulitplayer because the large array of techniques becomes unbalanced very quickly. With Hypermode alone you are pretty much unstoppable, even if you dont have any skill. Its a shame really, because if everyones techniques were properly correllated with each other (something I doubt is going to happen let alone plausible) then it would be an interesting brawl. But for the most part, it proves simplifying a game into a dozen or less classes has greater merits in game mechanics.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I bought HL2 for this because after seeing the recent screenshots, I thought it was an HL2 mod :O

The Prodigy
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Well in terms of gameplay, regular ESF is much better. Thats why it's more popular.

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
If in Europe Hlaf-Life didn't cost 10Β€ that I would have bought it. Till this would wide financial bull**** passes I'll have to stick to the non-steam version. :(
And just so you might know, 9,99Β€ = 42Lei = A lot of money for me...

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
If in Europe Hlaf-Life didn't cost 10Β€ that I would have bought it. Till this would wide financial bull**** passes I'll have to stick to the non-steam version. :(
And just so you might know, 9,99Β€ = 42Lei = A lot of money for me...
C'mon man that's one month's allowance(Romanian money). A small sacrifice and you get to play esf. ^_^

Beta Tester Squad
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the problem it's not money it's that you can't ever find hl 1 in a store , and 99% of the credit cards dosent work with steam and so on, so that's why it's preaty hard to find it

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Another option:
Find someone with a credit card and Steam account and pay him to give you the game through steam as a gift.

Best answers
I bought Half-life 4 times to play this.
Haha, why did you have to buy 4 copies? Were your friends too poor to play ESF?

I have bought multiple copies of a couple games too :p

Haha, now that I think about it I have 3 copies of half-life.. NVM.

Best answers
I didn't have to buy the game. I was lucky, because my dad had his own copy when he built his computer long ago, so he got half-life when it came out. Oh the pleasure of having parents. No matter what, Half-life is always worth buying, mainly because it's such a great game and it has so many mods, so there's endless fun with the game.

You know, there's always Ebay when there's no copies to be found, but that also might be a problem again if one doesn't have a credit card or something that is needed. I guess the best bet is like what Tenzo said, get someone to buy it as a gift.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
When it comes to money and buyin games, Im totally sick of excuses.

Get a job, and a bank account.

Set up a Paypal account OR get a debit mastercard from your bank.

It gives you more luxuries than buying Halflife.

Alternatively, you can do some work around the house for your parents, or even neighbours, and save up your allowance over a few weeks.

Find someone with a creditcard or a Paypal account, and get them to make the online transaction for you while you give them the cash.

Hell, challenge someone to mortal combat and take their wallet (prob not the best option, but your only shot if you whinge about any other option).

Best answers
I bought HL2 for this because after seeing the recent screenshots, I thought it was an HL2 mod :O
Same D: BUT! I'll be buying Half-Life later today so I'll be able to play soon. I played this way back in the day, four years, and I had a blast. I can't wait to start playing again.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha, why did you have to buy 4 copies? Were your friends too poor to play ESF?

I have bought multiple copies of a couple games too :p

Haha, now that I think about it I have 3 copies of half-life.. NVM.

No. I got HL1 on the days it was only $1 on Steam. :)
I bought a couple of HL1 accounts for the NNK Team.

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I'm also gonna buy Half-Life since it the price went down to 8Β€ but first I need to convince my sister to get a MasterCard :p

The Prodigy
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I remember when HL1 was on sale for 0.99 cents on steam, i bought a ton of accounts. Gave most of them away though.

Best answers
I just got Half-Life for this but I can't find any populated servers anywhere. Some are 4/8 but are passworded and then the others are like 0/16x10. I have 1.2.3, I don't have mods or anything, does everyone play a different version or something because I don't like playing with bots anymore, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom