Hmm would it be possible?

Best answers
I was always wondering. ESF has come so far and to me it now looks like it's a game someone would be willing to pay for. By any chance would we in the future see ESF become it's own stand alone game client without the need of it being a mod anymore?

Curious question. I would be willing to pay for it in the Steam market.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We do not own a licence for the IP for esf, so It would be impossible.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
would be cool though... Just change art scheme like BFP, and maybe we got something?.. :D

Best answers
I actually asked yesterday, why they never made this Indie .. There's no doubt that a lot of ESF fans (And DBZ fans) would buy it .. But talking of DBZ, they would probably get copyright issues tehre :-/

However as someone said, the DBZ characters could be changed out, new sprites, a bit of mapping .. and WUPTI! you got a non-copyrighted theme instead ..

However it's a lot of work, and i am not sure even the ESF team would want to go that advanced as to making their own engine from ground up :p

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Without starting from the ground up, it would still be a hacked Half Life.
Wouldnt there be legal issues using Valves property without a license to make a profit, regardless of copyrighted content such as Dragonball?

Best answers
Of course i'd i assume there would KY, however my point was exactly what you just repeated (though i may have phailed at explaining it)

Since you can't just make a Indie with HL's engine, you'd have to make it from the ground up, my point was that even the ESF team, probably would not begin using their time, doing that.

Could be really interesting though, but as far as indie games goes, i assume LBZ will be the only one of those we see in the DBZ theme.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Valve would prolly license the HL engine to us for cheap.

Best answers
Valve would prolly license the HL engine to us for cheap.
LOL a lot of people bought HL 1 just to play ESF. So, they could give it for free, so you can sell ESF and give a piece of the money to valve! :D
easy!
bye

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, but then Funi comes in and ruins it all, even if the deal was setup with Valve. I'd love to see this lovely dream happen, but changing all the characters as to avoid copyright issues would make it end up sucking...like BFP.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was a cool mod and a good effort, but yeah, it was lacking in the gameplay.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well true, but I mean at least BFP was fun with the characters from DBZ, but with it's new, random, generic ones. It was just even worse!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom