ESF/ECX models

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
hey everone... were can i get some models for ECX i want new ones and also will the umwfs 1.2 addon work for ECX or are they coded for esf only i tried making my own models but lets just say it dident work out good ......

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First you should get something straight.

Its not models. A model is nothing without code. To get them into ECX you need ti write code for them. Those are called characters.

Model = just the mdl file
Character = the models, the sounds, the sprites, the code

Get that into your head.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Yea Grega o_O, that was honestly a bit mean.

jippy91, you can replace the models with the models from ecx. All you have to do is to download the one that you linked to, and use the exact model names of ecx. It'll only replace them though. There could be issues of course if the model doesn't has the same animations as it was intended for.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry for beeing an ass. But seeing people in such ignorance of the obvious pisses me off.

The damn thread you linked to told you those models do nothing more than replace the original ESF models. ECX itself told you when installing it that to get your own characters ingame you have to code them in. Mearly by looking at the files you download for the big pack and comparing them to the UMF models downloaded should tell you you are missing a bunch of files.

And plain logic should tell you that you need more than 3 files for a character.

I dont mind helping people in a nice way as long as they dont know something. But in your case. You failed to use the search button and you failed to actually read the thread YOU linked to.

Namely the second line of the thread

replaces all the default esf models with the old um-wfs models
Besides even beeing an ass i still told you what you are missing and gave you all the information on what you have to do to get those models working in ECX.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have to agree with grega on this one i know what its like to awnswer 20 questions theres a tut in the cci rar READ IT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom