about installing

Best answers
there is one thing i don't understand, some guides say that i should download steam, register blah blah, and pay for half life and download it by using steam, and the other ones tell that i should buy an original cd, and then use some "special power" key to register on steam. question is, does it really matters if it is downloaded, or from cd, dvd, or whatever, installation is installation, and it is the same game right?
thanks in advance and sorry for poor(if it is) english.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As long as its registered on Steam it doesn't matter.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well no not same if downloaded illegaly you have to register your hl through steam for the game and mods to work

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
there is one thing i don't understand, some guides say that i should download steam, register blah blah, and pay for half life and download it by using steam, and the other ones tell that i should buy an original cd, and then use some "special power" key to register on steam. question is, does it really matters if it is downloaded, or from cd, dvd, or whatever, installation is installation, and it is the same game right?
thanks in advance and sorry for poor(if it is) english.
You can do it either way. Back in the old days you would need the CD to install, but now I'm pretty sure the CD is unnecessary. The important thing is the CD-Key on the box. After you registered your steam account, go to Games-->Activate a product on Steam, then put in your Cd-Key. That will install the game from steam.

The other way is that you just buy it directly off steam, and it will install on your account.

Best answers
well, the problem was that i do not have a credit card and i am not really in a mood to get one just for this one use. but now i know all i needed to know. thanks for quick replys(not sure if it is spelled "r e p l y s" :D)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can buy it off of Steam without a credit card through paypal, but yeah, it'd be easier to just get it at the store and register it through stream.

And it'd be replies. Reply is singular. Replies is plural.

So for example, if your talking about one response, you'd say "Thanks for the quick reply."
If you're talking about more than one response, you'd say "Thanks for the quick replies."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom