ESF team said no SP? But we can make it SELF!!!!

Best answers
So, yeah. You know what about this topic is. It's about Single Player in ESF. ESF team said that, they never make it. But we can make it SELF! Well, i know how need to do that. First we need a mapper. I've created some maps for GoldSource engine and they look more better than noobs first work. So anyway we can code the maps for single player like: add some models with special animations, add enemys without bot menu and create more maps. What we'll need it's just good mapper, animator and coder. What you think about that?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And how will you do the coding for that?

You would need to hack into the bot part of the code and change that so the bots act acordingly.

You would allso need to hack into the multiplayer game code and convince it that it isnt multiplayer. Cause the Single player HL code was left out when compiling ESF since it isnt needed.

So basically before you need a mapper. You need a coder that can hack the HL single player code into ESF.

Best answers
I won't be an addon or something it would be just other mod which uses ESF code. But first i would need that ESF team allow me to do this. I have a litle experience with C++, anyways i can find lot of information...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I doubt they will let you have access to the ESF source code that easily.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and what will you do with the singal player ?isent it beter to bash some's head out not an AI

ESF Coder
🌠 Staff
Best answers
I doubt they will let you have access to the ESF source code that easily.
exactly, tbh i can even count the people who have access to the sourcecode on one hand(including me)
Okay, i havn't asked the other coders, but I can tell you that you wont get it.

and what will you do with the singal player ?isent it beter to bash some's head out not an AI
true, but on the other hand with an singleplayer they could create a storyline based esf with rpg elements.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only way I can even remotely imagine this happening is if he found a way to cook something up with amxx.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats why i said heed have to hack into the game and add the SP functions of Half Life from outside of ESF. Not to mention change the way bots behave.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, we're not likely to be handing out the source code. Too much potential for abuse.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh man... ESF SP brings me back to the Original RaD... We had a Single Player but it was nothing too special... But it was fun I have to admit... Goku vs Vegeta was one beasty fight. Hard Mode = Super Bot without Laser.

ESF Coder
🌠 Staff
Best answers
The only way I can even remotely imagine this happening is if he found a way to cook something up with amxx.
i doubt it...
i mean it will be very hard for the amxx scripters with esf 1.3 since we have an heavy use of dynamic memory, stl and so on.

Which means amxx only = impossible ( well only if the amxx team adds a new esf module )

=> create your own amxx module^^

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Community projects don't get very far anyway :p. This one sounds especially nasty.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
here's your single player mode

1.Create lan game
2.select goku
3.add bot frieza

reenact the fight to your hearts content.

Best answers
also, you can add HL original AI and play HL story mode (as a curiosity, but is a kind of Dragon Co-Op XD, compete sven coop).

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saying to play on lan with bots may be a form of singleplayer, but I think we all know that's not what he means.

I don't think its out of the realm of possibility for someone to start a single player addon for ESF. Lord knows we have 50 thousand other random add ons.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All is needed to start a LAN server, create specific level bot with a custom model, maybe set his health and other stuff with AMXX, spawn some models for eye candy (to look the same as in story). That's all, SP done.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*Opens trenchcoat*

So uh...heard you been looking for ESF's source code. Three bucks. Just for you. Special deal.

Oh ****! The cops!

*Closes trench coat; throws smoke bomb*

/Kagato

And scene.

What? This thread wasn't going anywhere anyway.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
*Opens trenchcoat*

So uh...heard you been looking for ESF's source code. Three bucks. Just for you. Special deal.

Oh ****! The cops!

*Closes trench coat; throws smoke bomb*

/Kagato

And scene.

What? This thread wasn't going anywhere anyway.
Doesn't give you the reason to spam regardless.

Same goes for you :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom