Install the ESF 1.2.3

Best answers
Hello I'm newbie here.

I have HL1 and i try to install ESF from v1 to v.1.2.3. its always the same.
I can't play cause when the game is loading (after creating game in LAN) it's always back to desktop and "DON'T SEND" dialog box is always came.

Please help me how to install ESF from very basic.:cry::cry:

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.) Download STEAM from www.steampowered.com and install it.

2.) Create an account with STEAM.

3.) Register your Half Life CD-key to that account.

4.) Wait for Half Life to install to STEAM and then start the game and play through the tutorial.

5.) Download the ESF 1.2.3 full installer.

6.) Install ESF 1.2.3 to your half life directory. Path should be something like "C: \program files\valve\steam\steamapps\<your account name>\half-life\"

7.) Restart STEAM.

8.) Run ESF from the desktop icon.

If you allready have a STEAM account with Half Life 1 registered to it you can skip steps 1, 2 and 3.

General info:
Yes you do need STEAM and no you cant register a pirated Half Life version.
The game will work only if you are using Half Life 1. So dont even ask about Half Life 2 or Counter Strike cause that wont work.

Best answers
One question more question though...a friend of mine has the steam and he plays the ESF normally.I don't have STEAM account but i found a way (well he did) to play this game without using STEAM.So i guess i don't NEED steam after all...any ideas how did that happen?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One question more question though...a friend of mine has the steam and he plays the ESF normally.I don't have STEAM account but i found a way (well he did) to play this game without using STEAM.So i guess i don't NEED steam after all...any ideas how did that happen?
There's ways around steam out there, but it's not suggested. You'll not be able to play online with other people.

Best answers
what if i don't want to play online with other people?just have fun with myslef the bots?:p

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
well we dont care
get steam to get support :p
Sorry, but agreed. If you want official help from the forums, you have to get the game legally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom