Steam problem

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers

I don't know if you noticed it at all. but steam F***ed up the servers.. not only esf but i think of most games.

On dod the game crashes right after you join a server. On esf you can't even enter one, and gives you a message like

The server is using an older protocol ( 47 )Than your client ( 48 ). If you believe that the server is outdated you can contact the server at ( e-mail here if exists)
has this happened with other updates before ?

A few words by someone on steamcommunity forums.
Short sweet and to the point:
New update sucks, pointless for the most part, and utterly ********.

Extension on that:
Games lock up after a few minutes of playing and force you to end them through task panel. (Many users have same problem, its not just my computer)
Forced Steam Friends name is ***, I can see setting that as a name in the place of "Player", but forcing it, thats ***, **** off Valve. (what was the problem with users not having their in game name not the same as steam friends name? hmmm?)
Mods don't work anymore, AMXX is "buggy", which means certain commands dont work, game mode plugins don't work properly (eg zombie; protocol change, understandable)
Server crashes whenever theres more than 8 people in it (its dedicated, hosted from a box, not on own comp; this is with all mods off too), really ***.

Seems like you all rushed this update. You should focus more on quality than how soon you can meet the project deadline.

I think I am being fair when I say this:
FIX IT.
well looks like he has a point :p

Last edited:
~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
ya, I was playing ESF yesterday was fine. I stopped for a few hours came back later and I couldn't see any servers, I hit refresh all a couple of times and 1 or two 2 servers would show, but were running ECX with like 400+ ping.

I could see the servers in the history tab, I seemed to be able to join with no problem other then the 0 pople in it.

I even tried on a different computer, same deal.

yup something sure seems to have misfired on the late update.

EDIT/CORRECTION
I could see the servers in the history tab, I seemed to be able to join with no problem other then the 0 pople in it
I just checked, I can get into any server.

I guess those servers haven't been updated yet?

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I believe that it has diff effects to client and client. Cause i can't join a server. But i also tried to join dod, i been around the map for 2 minutes now..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I noticed that only about 3 servers will come up for most mods now. o_O

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I mostly have a steam problem that is a crash the first time I join a server. I allways have to disconect, wait for my user ID to be removed from that server and then join again. This happens in esf and svencoop.

No wonder so many ppl dont like steam.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Steam is fine. They've never really messed up like this before.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
steam is fine yes. But this time they have completely messed it.I just hope it gets fixed today or so.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, this is a top priority fix so I'm sure it'll be better sometime today.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Steam often brings up patches which breaks up a lot of stuff. They don't test properly in my opinion.

Best answers
Wow..Steam really ****ed this one up heh anyone have any idea when it will be working again ?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
steam just sucks, WON was better
That train derailed shortly after leaving the station. Steam has always and will always be better. Unless you favor a network/interface that doesn't care about improving itself.

Best answers
wow

still not back up fully i can't even make a listen server.... this is ridiculous :| i wan't to play with my mods with some friends steam better get to work but im sure its going to take another 1000 years to fix what they did in five seconds of downloading for me

Best answers
yea i cant even create a server for me to play with bots.. hopefully thsy should get this fixed by later tonight or tomorrow

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bots don't work with the latest version. That's not Steam's problem.

Best answers
well

i've been looking at the steam forums for quick fixes and i've found some but none of them seem to work.... whats taking them so long at steam i'm sure there aware of the problem, but you would think it would be fixed by now.

Best answers
thats whta i am saying but who know keep looking on the steam site and keep an eye out. then spread the word on here when ya find out :p im looking on the forums as well

is there any updates?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom