Update #4 - Forum Competition, New Recruit, Updates Recap, Status Update, Gallery

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF :: Update #4 - Forum Competition, New Recruit, Updates Recap, Status Update, Gallery
<p>Welcome to our fourth update! We have a busy agenda for today. We will be discussing the Forum Competition, the New Recruit, an Update Recap, a Status Update, and an image that has been added to the Gallery.<br /><br /><b>Forum Competition</b><br />The Forum Competition has been extended for two more weeks.<br /><br /><b>New Recruit</b><br />This week we had a new member join the team. His name is Zero-SFX. He will be helping Freedom with the audio and music.<br /><br /><b>Updates Recap</b><br />Here is a video of what's been shown in the past 3 weeks.</p>
<p><object width="432" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.moddb.com/media/embed/108026"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.moddb.com/media/embed/108026" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" width="432" height="340"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://www.moddb.com/mods/earths-special-forces/videos/updates-1-3-recap">Earths Special Forces Mod for Half-Life Updates 1-3 Recap video - Mod DB</a><br /><br /><br /><b>Status Update</b><br />The coders have been hard at work this week. The HUD font has been changed so that it scales properly with the HUD. A major crash bug has been fixed, along with some minor bugs. The Beam Head sizes are now reduced. We have added a new feature to the Power Struggles. If you run out of Ki, you will be able to convert Stamina to Ki so the Power Struggle can last longer.<br /><br /><b>Gallery</b><br />An image has been added to the Models gallery. <a href="http://esf.gamers-desire.de/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&amp;g2_itemId=273">Check it out</a>!</p>

Video is still processing.

Song: Muse - Hysteria :p

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Forum comp. - why was it extended? i mean it's not the end of the world, but.. dunno lol :p
New recruit - Congrats Zero-SFX, and good luck dude ;)
Updates recap - esf looks awesome with all the new effects!! but i noticed the water does'nt look thesame quality in all maps.. still wip, or it's just me? =x and what about FPS?
Status update - Great to hear that!! i specialy like the stamina to ki in PS idea ;)
and the ginyu force pose is awesome too ^^
keep' em gomming guys!

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its obvious there is a lot of work here from the team, i'm really glad for that, I dont remember geting so many esf updates as I did just now.

Grats Zero-SFX
Sky and water awessome, I hope you guys can also make those water effects on the water that is not reachable "in 2 or 3 maps".
I see the character menu as changed "what happened to the tournament menu?" Both the pictures are cool.
Cloud shadows are the best.

1 thing left to say: ESF team rocks :yes:

Force Pit Member
Best answers
well like the song saz

I WANT IT NOW!
I WANT IT NOW!

realy briliant work guys, and i spoted something, that water is mostlikely a model ;p, thats why on the namek map the crater was filled with "water", but anyway its briliant, awsome work guys, keep em goin!

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well like the song saz

I WANT IT NOW!
I WANT IT NOW!

realy briliant work guys, and i spoted something, that water is mostlikely a model ;p, thats why on the namek map the crater was filled with "water", but anyway its briliant, awsome work guys, keep em goin!
And you used to be a mapper? :cool:

The reason why the crater was filled with water is because the water brush was going through the terrain.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
And you used to be a mapper? :cool:

The reason why the crater was filled with water is because the water brush was going through the terrain.
nah dont think so, if it was true than the water in the crater wold be the same as everywhere else

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oo i nice to see the news thing are coming to esf.Congrats Zero-SFX.also is good to know forum compe is exten becouse still some modeler new more time.nice screen of ginyu team,great update team like always

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To clear it up with the namek islands map thing. Its not a model. Its the water plane. Basically the pixelshader is spanned across the water in the whole area to make the reflection. Thats an error that happened because of that.

So its not actually part of the map or a model. Its part of the code.

As for the selection screen thing. Its a bug. Sometimes the tournament model doesnt show when you are choosing XD

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, where those cloud shadows I saw a few times during the video? Or am I just losing my mind? Or maybe both?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We have added a new feature to the Power Struggles. If you run out of Ki, you will be able to convert Stamina to Ki so the Power Struggle can last longer
Surprised nobody has mentioned this, personally i think its a great feature <3

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Status update - Great to hear that!! i specialy like the stamina to ki in PS idea ;)

keep' em gomming guys!
I did :p it's an awesome feature, right now the struggles are way to short

Discord Member
Best answers
I like all of it.....but one small question, what about player reflections??? cause as i see it now only the skybox is reflected

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As you see. ONly the skybox is reflected.

Reflecting a not moving image is one thing, but moving things is another. That would drop FPS.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As you see. ONly the skybox is reflected.

Reflecting a not moving image is one thing, but moving things is another. That would drop FPS.

ESF Audio Producer
★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
Hello ESF Community,
<O:p
Sorry for posting so fast on forums, still in the migrating mode over to ESF. Thanks for your warm welcomes!

My promise to the Fans on ESF for ESF’s next Release is to bring you some of the best and most High Quality Audio you will ever experience on a DBZ Mod. This time around it won’t just be about new game play and better graphics, the sound is going to get a total make over!

Some of you Might know me from passed projects I have worked on like www.DragonballSource.com. I was the Lead Audio Producer on that project from Sound to Music, same with all projects I have worked on.
If you want to know more about me see the following links and other info below. And yes, I am a professional Audio Producer; I do it for a living.

Demo Reel Link - http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...7B42BA0E8967D7

Company Bio - http://www.moddb.com/groups/zero-sfx

Background in Audio –
Griptonite Games / Amaze Entertainment – A Division of Foundation 9:<ST1:p<O:p</O:p
o Creating Sound Effect Assets reported overall Progress to Audio Coordinator and upper Management Producers. Researched technique’s for Audio Implementation, as well as learning the professional Game Industry Trade.
<O:p</O:p
· www.Chimps-Ahoy.com: – iPhone – Sound Designer – (Publisher-Foundation 9)<O:p</O:p
· High School Musical 3: Senior Year: Nintendo DS – Sound Designer – (Publisher-Disney Interactive Studios)<O:p</O:p
· Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa: Nintendo DS – Sound Designer – (Publisher-Activision)<O:p</O:p
· Unannounced Title: Nintendo DS / iPhone – Sound Designer
Indie / Modification Game Development / Community Projects:<O:p</O:p
v Lead Audio Producer / Designer / Engineer / Sound & Music Mixing Engineer<O:p</O:p
o Leading each Project below, Organizing and Producing Everything from Dialogue casting to Recording / Editing. Keeping schedules and audio departments On Track, with current development Needs and Requests.
· (www.ZiosProject.com) – Created 2000+ Sound FX – Innovative Research Software Group<O:p</O:p
· (www.MySpace.com/DragonballSourceMusic) – Original DragonballSource Sound Track<O:p</O:p
· (www.DragonballSource.com) – Created 2000+ Sound FX – Released 0.1.4 Beta<O:p</O:p
· (www.Moddb.com/Mods/NightFall-Initiation) – Created 600+ Sound FX<O:p</O:p
· (www.SOS.Planetquake.GameSpy.com) – Created 2000+ Sound FX<O:p</O:p
· (www.BladeBattles.com) – Created 600+ Sound FX<O:p</O:p
· (www.ZEQ2.com) – Created 1000+ Sound FX<O:p</O:p
(All Listed Projects Still In Current Development)

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just for the lulz, anyone interested could go to 'half-life\esf_openbeta\..' and look in several folder to find some previews for the highdef skyboxes, the bump mapping (which includes the water shaders :O ) or normal maps. Oh and for the cloud shadows.
Just look in the "textures" folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom