Corona Bytes took over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G-Bear
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I just read that Raven, Greenberet, LoD joined the team. Congratulation to them.

But if my memory serve me right(And most of the time it does), werent these guys on the Corona Bytes team(Ergo ESF evolution)? I thought there was some rivalry with ESF and third party mods? Not that I'm not happy of the CB team joining, I mean it's great and will most likely result in more progress.

And are RHansen and PCjoe retiring? I mean there now 5 coders and progress last of couple of years were slow, so I expect that RHansen and PCjoe had enough of ESF(Which most would understand) and want to move on?

Sorry if these question were already asked, but I'm to lazy to search and I'm kinda curious.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I just read that Raven, Greenberet, LoD joined the team. Congratulation to them.

But if my memory serve me right(And most of the time it does), werent these guys on the Corona Bytes team(Ergo ESF evolution)? I thought there was some rivalry with ESF and third party mods? Not that I'm not happy of the CB team joining, I mean it's great and will most likely result in more progress.

And are RHansen and PCjoe retiring? I mean there now 5 coders and progress last of couple of years were slow, so I expect that RHansen and PCjoe had enough of ESF(Which most would understand) and want to move on?

Sorry if these question were already asked, but I'm to lazy to search and I'm kinda curious.
I believe they did join the team. They most certainly didn't take over. Just joined to help further the development of 1.3

PCJoe I believe has some real life stuff he has to get done with so he's retired.

HE didn't get bored and wanted to move on at all.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Harsens is still with us.

Base belongs to me.
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’ŽLΓ©géñdārΓ½
Best answers
There wasn't really a rivalry going on. It's just that the users kept creating "help" threads here while we didn't even created the addon for ESF at all. Thus, we made some rules to prevent users from posting threads. But that has been changed recently.

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
we merely enslaved them :p

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I'll tell you right now if Dave or Darktooth left, ESF would be major fail =/

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I smell jealousy over at UM-WFS:

Lucky Ass said:
Wow, what a surprise... I am shocked... -.-
Oh seriously...
BTW, does that consider forum's closing?
BTWv2., you didn't win, we won. You are dead we are alive. So we win. You just surrendered and joined ESF team. Weak.
I lol'd.

Anyway, I just hope so many coders work out. HarSens and PCJoe had an incredibly high level of quality, this many coders might change it. I just hope it doesn't.

Dudemeister
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
How dare they compare ECX with um-wtfs? I'm not a esf addon fan, but for one to be considered better than ECX, it must be released, played on more servers than ecx and last more that ECX.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
How dare they compare ECX with um-wtfs? I'm not a esf addon fan, but for one to be considered better than ECX, it must be released, played on more servers than ecx and last more that ECX.
simple, we learned from theyre mistakes.

i dont think you where going to say that whyle ecx was still alive, but now that they joined esf, i sense butkiss...

anyway, i saw greenberet's post i think we got under theyre skin a bit since he took it as a competition and mocked our name ;p

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I personally think the recent coder addition has been great for ESF's development. PcJoes departure is unfortunate and he has done some amazing work for esf during the years, but these things happen. We've been working together great so far, they've all fitted right into the team. I look forward to more work they produce since I'm pretty impressed with what they've done so far.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
my 2 cents...

I never liked corona-bytes works they always were more like just little fun than real game... therefore i'm rly worried about 1.3 heading :/

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
He didn't get bored, but he hates working on the Half-Life engine now or so I hear.
I can understand that. Hell, he has been longer with the Half Life engine than most guys have girlfriends.

Dudemeister
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Going off-topic once more, to say this:
The Coronna-Bytes guys won 'the wtfs vs ecx contest' because unlike wtfs, ecx will live on trough ESF 1.3 (something wtfs would never accomplish).
So if you wanna 'beat' these guys, stop working on a outdated mod for an outdated game and make your own mod, because you're only wasting time and resources.

I never liked corona-bytes works they always were more like just little fun than real game... therefore i'm rly worried about 1.3 heading :/
You didn't like their work because it was 'just a little fun than the real game'?
That's the point of game developing, making it fun for the player. Unless it's a game developed for emos...

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope you realize that we're still the same ESF team we always were, and we make our gameplay decisions together as always. We've been working together for years now, we like to think we know what we're doing and we know the process from idea's to ingame pretty well. The new addition of coders have sparked good and bad idea's, but they're taken into consideration the same way all of esf's design decisions are made, the team ultimately decides everything together, and if somethings not working we rely on you guys to point it out :)

Dudemeister
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
And it also means that if they come up with brilliant ideas, they will be considered and eventually added in the game. And from what they've done so far, it's likely that they will :) .

Force Pit Member
Best answers
couldnt resist...

Going off-topic once more, to say this:
The Coronna-Bytes guys won 'the wtfs vs ecx contest' because unlike wtfs, ecx will live on trough ESF 1.3 (something wtfs would never accomplish).
So if you wanna 'beat' these guys, stop working on a outdated mod for an outdated game and make your own mod, because you're only wasting time and resources.
what contest, wasnt there a contest with udw? evt? and the other addons, how come we are the only addon they had the illusion that we where in a competition?
a addon that failed in the eyes of the ESF comunity liveing through 1.3? now thats a scare!
actualy we are gona move the addon to 1.3 in case you didnt know... . and the ecx team joined esf, not the other way around, so it cat live through it.

oh and about the part with "wtfs", heh, just like greenberet, monkey see monkey do i guess ;p

Dudemeister
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe you didn't see the little " ' "'s, but they m
Actually, i used to call WFS wtfs before they merged with unh.. UM. (that was a long time ago, that's when i left WSF)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Maybe you didn't see the little " ' "'s, but they m
Actually, i used to call WFS wtfs before they merged with unh.. UM. (that was a long time ago, that's when i left WSF)
i actualy didnt see the little " ' " , maybe you can point it to me?
riiiiiight, i belive you, lulz.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom